Data on external HD (Philips SPD5115CC) seems corrupt

FredB

Data on external HD (Philips SPD5115CC) seems corrupt
I have a philips external HD conect to my PC (FireWire)... when I change
disk- folder- settings after a will the directory table seems corrupt. I
thinks it has someting to do with Vista, under XP everything works normal and
there is no problem at all. (Sorry for my bad English, my native language is
Dutch)

--
Gr, Fred
Randy

RE: Data on external HD (Philips SPD5115CC) seems corrupt
Hello FredB

I got an ieee1394 external HD too, it didn't work on my vista computer
either. but I found following website, which was vista no longer support
ieee1394, I don't believe that.
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...e0b8d1033.mspx

If you have any idea could support ieee1394, please also let me know.

"FredB" wrote:

> I have a philips external HD conect to my PC (FireWire)... when I change
> disk- folder- settings after a will the directory table seems corrupt. I
> thinks it has someting to do with Vista, under XP everything works normal and
> there is no problem at all. (Sorry for my bad English, my native language is
> Dutch)
>
> --
> Gr, Fred

Cal Bear '66

Re: Data on external HD (Philips SPD5115CC) seems corrupt
How is the disk formatted?
Was the disk formatted in a previous version of Windows?
Have you right clicked on the root of the drive, Properties, Security tab, and
taken ownership/permissions for your user account?

"FredB" <FredB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a philips external HD conect to my PC (FireWire)... when I change
> disk- folder- settings after a will the directory table seems corrupt. I
> thinks it has someting to do with Vista, under XP everything works normal and
> there is no problem at all. (Sorry for my bad English, my native language is
> Dutch)
>
> --
> Gr, Fred

Cal Bear '66

Re: Data on external HD (Philips SPD5115CC) seems corrupt
Vista does support IEEE 1394 (firewire, I Link).

I have an older IEEE 1394 external HD, and I can only get it to work if I have
it powered up BEFORE I turn on the computer. Rebooting does not work, a
hardware scan in Device Manager does not work. If I power up the drive first and
then turn on the computer the drive works fine.

Are there any problems in Device Manager with your IEEE 1394 adapter?

"Randy" <Randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello FredB
>
> I got an ieee1394 external HD too, it didn't work on my vista computer
> either. but I found following website, which was vista no longer support
> ieee1394, I don't believe that.
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...e0b8d1033.mspx
>
> If you have any idea could support ieee1394, please also let me know.
>
> "FredB" wrote:
>
>> I have a philips external HD conect to my PC (FireWire)... when I change
>> disk- folder- settings after a will the directory table seems corrupt. I
>> thinks it has someting to do with Vista, under XP everything works normal and
>> there is no problem at all. (Sorry for my bad English, my native language is
>> Dutch)
>>
>> --
>> Gr, Fred

FredB

Re: Data on external HD (Philips SPD5115CC) seems corrupt
Hi "Cal Bear '66"

I have no problem in combination Device Manager/IEEE 1394 adapter. I use the
disk under XP and Vista and I formatted (NTFS) the disk under both
(XP/Vista)... only Vista makes the disk, after I makes some changes (map or
disk) settings, corrupt

--
Gr, Fred