Qlogic ISP1040B driver support

Robert T. White

Qlogic ISP1040B driver support
Has anyone been able to transfer a driver from Windows XP to Vista? In
particular Qlogic ISP1040b SCSI controller driver ql10wnt.sys works fine
under XP but I can not get Vista to recognize it.

Any sugfgestions would be greatly appreciated...
freddy

RE: Qlogic ISP1040B driver support
Robert,

Try one of more of the following:

1. Contact Qlogic, either by E-mail or by visiting their website, to check
whether Vista drivers for your device are available for download.

2. Contact the vendor of your computer (Dell, etc.) to check whether the
vendor has made Vista compatible drivers available for download.

3. In Device Manager, unfold the controller entry, select Properties, and
under the Drivers tab, click on Update Drivers (or just right click the
controller and select update drive). Follow on-screen prompts.

4. Install all Microsoft updates available at the update site, on the
theory that those could include a driver. Sometimes they do.

Let us know whether any of this works. Anyone else?
--
freddy

"Robert T. White" wrote:

> Has anyone been able to transfer a driver from Windows XP to Vista? In
> particular Qlogic ISP1040b SCSI controller driver ql10wnt.sys works fine
> under XP but I can not get Vista to recognize it.
>
> Any sugfgestions would be greatly appreciated...

Robert T. White

RE: Qlogic ISP1040B driver support
Hi Freddy,

thanks for the suggestions. Yes I've tried all of your suggestions. I even
copied the driver into System32/drivers folder and Vista still did not
recognize it. I'm planning to roll back to XP until either I find an
Ultra-wide SCSI controller that Vista recognizes or the Qlogic controller
driver is updated. Since Qlogic is no longer supporting the controller and
knowing MS's past, I'm going to start looking for another controller.

"freddy" wrote:

> Robert,
>
> Try one of more of the following:
>
> 1. Contact Qlogic, either by E-mail or by visiting their website, to check
> whether Vista drivers for your device are available for download.
>
> 2. Contact the vendor of your computer (Dell, etc.) to check whether the
> vendor has made Vista compatible drivers available for download.
>
> 3. In Device Manager, unfold the controller entry, select Properties, and
> under the Drivers tab, click on Update Drivers (or just right click the
> controller and select update drive). Follow on-screen prompts.
>
> 4. Install all Microsoft updates available at the update site, on the
> theory that those could include a driver. Sometimes they do.
>
> Let us know whether any of this works. Anyone else?
> --
> freddy
>

> "Robert T. White" wrote:
>
> > Has anyone been able to transfer a driver from Windows XP to Vista? In
> > particular Qlogic ISP1040b SCSI controller driver ql10wnt.sys works fine
> > under XP but I can not get Vista to recognize it.
> >
> > Any sugfgestions would be greatly appreciated...

freddy

RE: Qlogic ISP1040B driver support
Robert,

I think you answered your own question. That is, the vendor doesn't support
the controller in Vista. I don't think Microsoft writes drivers for 3rd
party vendors, so don't look for that to happen. It's possible some other
source could provide a driver that works with your controller. I've noted
drivers made available by sources other than by the original manufacturer.
You could try that approach, but don't hold your breath. Google would be
your friend in this quest.
--
freddy