My Windows Vista won't play any games, why?

merk402

My Windows Vista won't play any games, why?

My Windows Vista has all the right requirements for my games, but when I
install them, a message pops up that says that the game has not been
installed correctly, then if I try to play any games, they will start
working, but then after the intro a message pops up that says something
like, Your game has stopped working, Windows is searching for a problem
and will close and notify you when a solution is possible. I have tried
reinstalling the game, but nothing has changed.

Does anybody have any advice? Thanks.

--
merk402
merk402's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/215574.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Andrew Murray

Re: My Windows Vista won't play any games, why?
Are the games "Made for Vista" or are they earlier versions for XP or even
Windows 2000?

Have you updated all your drivers for hardware - e.g. video card and have
the correct DirectX version? Re-read the requirements for the games; they
might run under Vista, but most of all, software depends on compatible
hardware to run such as sufficient RAM, video memory, processor speed etc.

Have you tried a forum associated with the specific game(s) you're running,
or are you talking about the games included in Windows - solitaire, Mine
Sweeper and so on?