Asus P5E SupremeFX II Audio Card not recognized.

boombox

Asus P5E SupremeFX II Audio Card not recognized.

WARNING! SPECS AT THE BOTTOM!!!

Having trouble with Windows 7 32-bit, previously installed over a 64bit
version ( formatted partition & install ) because I wanted an english
version of Windows7. Just bought this new quad core computer, all happy
and everything about it, suddently, the sound card starts jamming, the
soundmax software to, after reboot, it could not detect any audio output
or something, leaving the volume control icon with a red X on it. So I
just decided what the hell since it was a french version, LET'S FORMAT!

Install went seamless, no issues, now arriving on my windows, the only
driver it cannot find was the sound card. When double-clicking on it to
try to resolve the issue, it arrives at a page saying "Hardware changes
might not have been detected." All spooked out, I "ran" to my device
manager and there I was stupified! NO "Sound, Video & Game
Controller"!!
>> http://i318.photobucket.com/albums/m...2365/111-2.png

AAAAAHHH!!!

Out of panic, I rebooted, no change... shut down, removed card, power
on, arrive on windows, shut down, place back card, power on, still the
same thing! Went in device manager, noticed a 'High Definition Audio
Controller' sitting in 'System Devices' and still no sign of 'Sound.
Video & Game Contoller'.
>> http://i318.photobucket.com/albums/m...op2365/222.png

I had this idea of uninstalling driver, went in gpedit.msc to edit
device/drivers rules so that there are no more automatic driver
installation. Thing worked, or so I thought, I noticed in device
manager that there was in 'Other Devices' , PCI Device.
>> http://i318.photobucket.com/albums/m...op2365/000.png

I flipped! Alright! It detected something that made more sense to me! No
more 'High Definition Audio Controller' in 'System Devices', when trying
to update driver and browse to the soundmax driver designed for it ( and
downloaded from asustek website
http://ca.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=cPrufUGXUlY9OsYv ) nothing, I keep
getting this "The audio driver files do not support your computer
hardware", rebooted again, still same error message. Tried installing a
Realtek driver I encountered somewhere online, the PCI device went back
to 'High Definition Audio Controller' in 'System Devices' and still no
****** 'Sound Video and Game Controler' !!!!! Out of stress I took the
computer and threw it out the window! Not really, I was seriously mad
and wtf'd.

Now if any help could be brought to this annoying yet critical issue,
PLEASE, DO HELP! Thank you!

HERE ARE MY SPECS:

CORE 2 QUAD Q9300 2.50GHZ FSB1333MHZ 6M LGA775
ASUS P5E X38 LGA775
Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X2048-6400C4 2GB 2X1GB PC2-6400 DDR2-800 CL 4-4-4-12
GAINWARD 9800 GTX 512MB
Coolermaster cm 690
Corsair TX750W 750W ATX 12V 60A 24PIN ATX
OCZ VANQUISHER
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB SATA 7200RPM

--
boombox
boombox's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/213071.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

undisclosed

Re: Asus P5E SupremeFX II Audio Card not recognized.

Not much help, I know, but this has just happened to me too. Spooky.

Windows 7 x64
Q6700
8800GT
Asus Maxmius Extreme
6GB DDR3

--
anaxerxes
Chuck

Re: Asus P5E SupremeFX II Audio Card not recognized.
Some of the ASUS MBDs use an ASUS unique Realtec chip (ALC1200) The
driver is usually available on the ASUS web site if this is the case.
The default windows drivers may not include some of the needed Realtec
modules such as a sound mixer module.
(I recently ran into this on an ASUS M4A 79 Deluxe MBD.
Further, there have been various problems dealing with the 8800 drivers.
If that isn't enough, some games require that you obtain the last
microsoft DX 9c update, and install it over the DX10/11 system, in order
to update some of the DX 9c modules.

Some games, such as Crysis, were not completely debugged in DX10, and
work better if forced into DX9 mode.