Ide Hard Drive Data Recovery

Walter Goldschmidt

Ide Hard Drive Data Recovery
I have an Ide internal hard drive I replaced in my computer and I need one
of those devices that you plug the drive into and then plug a USB into your
computer so you can access the data on the old drive. What is that device
called.

Walt

LVTravel

Re: Ide Hard Drive Data Recovery

"Walter Goldschmidt" <wgold@woh.rr.com> wrote in message
> I have an Ide internal hard drive I replaced in my computer and I need one
> of those devices that you plug the drive into and then plug a USB into
> your computer so you can access the data on the old drive. What is that
> device called.
>
> Walt

External Hard drive enclosure. Google it for many sources.

http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCateg...nal-Enclosures
is one but again many more and possibly cheaper than neweggs.

Ensure that it will accept IDE (or PATA) drive, not SATA drive which is a
different interface with the drive.

Bill Kearney

Re: Ide Hard Drive Data Recovery

"Walter Goldschmidt" <wgold@woh.rr.com> wrote in message
>I have an Ide internal hard drive I replaced in my computer and I need one
>of those devices that you plug the drive into and then plug a USB into your
>computer so you can access the data on the old drive. What is that device
>called.

USB to IDE adapter. Several variations exist. The safest being to put the
drive into an external enclosure. The quick-and-dirty route being to use a
bare adapter that just plugs into the drive itself, along with a power
supply. Typically around $10 on fleabay.

Walter Goldschmidt

Re: Ide Hard Drive Data Recovery
Thanks, I got an external enclosure.

Walt