Missing dialog to burn CDR

!kalboBill

Missing dialog to burn CDR
This used to work fine but now does not. When I insert a CDR or DVD, no
dialog pops up offering to fromat the CDR. If I try to read the CDR, it
tells me it has to be formatted first.

How do I get the dialog back or manually start the dialog?

Bill

PvdG42

Re: Missing dialog to burn CDR

"!kalboBill" <billkalbo@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> This used to work fine but now does not. When I insert a CDR or DVD, no
> dialog pops up offering to fromat the CDR. If I try to read the CDR, it
> tells me it has to be formatted first.
>
> How do I get the dialog back or manually start the dialog?
>
> Bill

If you right-click on the drive in Windows Explorer, do you see a Format...
option in the context menu?

!kalboBill

Re: Missing dialog to burn CDR
No, there is no FORMAT choice. There is a Open in Autoplay but clicking on
it does nothing.

I would rteally like to know how to reinstate the autoplay

Bill

"PvdG42" <pvdg42@toadstool.edu> wrote in message

> "!kalboBill" <billkalbo@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> This used to work fine but now does not. When I insert a CDR or DVD, no
>> dialog pops up offering to fromat the CDR. If I try to read the CDR, it
>> tells me it has to be formatted first.
>>
>> How do I get the dialog back or manually start the dialog?
>>
>> Bill

> If you right-click on the drive in Windows Explorer, do you see a
> Format... option in the context menu?

!kalboBill

Missing Autoplay with CD's and DVD's
I posted this 2 weeks ago and still have no solution. I'm running Vista Home
Premium with latest updates installed.

"!kalboBill" <billkalbo@yahoo.com> wrote in message

This used to work fine but now does not.

When I insert a CD or DVD, no dialog pops up. If I try to read the CD,
everthing is fine. If I right click on it, I can run autoplay and everthing
is fine.

If I put a black CDR or DVD, I get no Autoplay and if I try to access the
blank disk, tells me it has to be formatted first. Right clicking shows no
format choice. If I choose Autoplay, nothing happens.

How do I get the Automatic dialog back?

Bill

Mr. Arnold

Re: Missing Autoplay with CD's and DVD's
!kalboBill wrote:
> I posted this 2 weeks ago and still have no solution. I'm running Vista
> Premium with latest updates installed.
>
> "!kalboBill" <billkalbo@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
> This used to work fine but now does not.
>
> When I insert a CD or DVD, no dialog pops up. If I try to read the CD,
> everthing is fine. If I right click on it, I can run autoplay and everthing
> is fine.
>
> If I put a black CDR or DVD, I get no Autoplay and if I try to access the
> blank disk, tells me it has to be formatted first. Right clicking shows no
> format choice. If I choose Autoplay, nothing happens.
>
> How do I get the Automatic dialog back?

You should be able to enable it by using the link, if it's disabled.

However, I do recall some kind of malware attack that was using AutoPlay
to attack the machine. So I went and manually disabled AutoPlay upon
getting that information.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...windows-vista/