My VIA OHCI 1394 IEEE Host Controller

Shiann

My VIA OHCI 1394 IEEE Host Controller
After running a diagnostic test it showed alert for my OHCI 1394 Host
Controller that won't start. And has yellow sign next to it in Device
Manager. I understand this controller was intergraded into the system by
Microsoft. I went onto Microsoft's fix it site to have problem analyzied and
they indicated a driver problemm with it and did a reinstall. It worked
temporarily. But the yellow alerts still nag at me. Now, I don't have a
need to use the OHCI IEEE 1394 port on back of my computer and my husband
doesn't on his either but he doesn't get a yellow error sign next to his 1394
IEEE in Device Manager. I get automatic updates but checked for updates on
this but there was none. Does this affect anything that I should continue
to attempt to repair this? Thanks
--
Shiann
smlunatick

Re: My VIA OHCI 1394 IEEE Host Controller
On Apr 20, 10:03*pm, Shiann <Shi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> After running a diagnostic *test it showed alert for my OHCI 1394 Host
> Controller that won't start. *And has yellow sign next to it in Device
> Manager. I understand this controller was intergraded into the system by
> Microsoft. *I went onto Microsoft's fix it site to have problem analyzied and
> they indicated a driver problemm with it *and did a reinstall. *It worked
> temporarily. *But the yellow alerts still nag at me. Now, *I don't have a
> need to use the OHCI IEEE 1394 port on back of my computer and my husband
> doesn't on his either but he doesn't get a yellow error sign next to his 1394
> IEEE in Device Manager. *I get automatic updates but checked for updates on
> this but there was none. * Does this affect anything that I should continue
> to attempt to repair this? * Thanks
> --
> Shiann

The IEEE 1394 port is also known as Firewire / iLink port. It is
generally used to connect video camcorders so as to transfer your
"home videos" onto the PC. It does not cause problems to leave it as
is. If you are still troubled about it and definitely do not use it,
you can always turn it off in the PC's BIOS.
Shiann

Re: My VIA OHCI 1394 IEEE Host Controller
Thanks, I can disable it in Device Manager but wondered whether I used it or
not why the error icon? I don't have any firewire device cord of right size
to insert in port to test it to see what happens but would like to know it
would work if ever have a need to use it.

--
Shiann