Vista (Hp pavilion dv2000) Home Premium Network problems

Yerto

Vista (Hp pavilion dv2000) Home Premium Network problems

Ok about three months ago my wireless internet was working perfectly
other than maybe signal problems, one afternoon there were some updates
needing to take place by restarting the computer so I restarted. Next
thing I know I login to the computer and the little light at the bottom
of my keyboard is red(wireless disabled) but it was in enable position
so I flipped it to disable and back again and nothing. Well after
looking around I couldnt find a way to enable it and just left it be.
Well I turned it on two days ago and it was working so I thought "Hey
its fine now" but then it wasnt working the next turn on. I went to
device manager and the WLAN or Wireless adapter wasnt there, and when
the light is blue it is there. I dont know what to do, any
suggestions..... I have tried full system recovery and restore to
manufactor settings.

--
Yerto
Americano

Re: Vista (Hp pavilion dv2000) Home Premium Network problems

*'*Yerto*' (http://www.vistax64.com/member.php?u=159133)-
*
Welcome to Vista Forums.

As a first step I would suggest to try and re-install the driver for
your wireless adapter.

Let me know if it works.

--
Americano

TRYING THE SAME THING OVER, AND EXPECTING A DIFFERENT RESULT = INSANITY
http://www.vistax64.com/images/style...reputation.gif
-*don't forget to say thanks, tip my scales!*-
Yerto

Re: Vista (Hp pavilion dv2000) Home Premium Network problems

Ok thats where I run into the problem, how do I reinstall it? It was
uninstalled, I did the manufactour thing like I said and also went to
restore manager and restored hp assisstant and then also restored
WLAN... there and sometimes it will work after it restarts and then
sometimes it doesnt. And even if it works after the restart as soon as I
turn it on(the laptop) it isnt workin agian.

Yerto;1255465 Wrote:
> Ok thats where I run into the problem, how do I reinstall it? It was
> uninstalled, I did the manufactour thing like I said and also went to
> restore manager and restored hp assisstant and then also restored
> WLAN... there and sometimes it will work after it restarts and then
> sometimes it doesnt. And even if it works after the restart as soon as I
> turn it on(the laptop) it isnt workin agian.

Here is the link to your computer's drivers:

*'Select software and drivers HP Pavilion dv2000 CTO Notebook PC'
(http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...duct=181 7074)
' - HP Customer Care (United States - English)'
(http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...duct=181 7074)

*You'll find your wireless driver there.

--
Americano

TRYING THE SAME THING OVER, AND EXPECTING A DIFFERENT RESULT = INSANITY
http://www.vistax64.com/images/style...reputation.gif
-*don't forget to say thanks, tip my scales!*-
Yerto

Re: Vista (Hp pavilion dv2000) Home Premium Network problems

Ok give me a sec to see, and I will post back to let you know what
happens

--
Yerto
Yerto

Re: Vista (Hp pavilion dv2000) Home Premium Network problems

The update isnt working.

Yerto;1255486 Wrote:
> The update isnt working.

Was it able to install completely?

--
Americano

TRYING THE SAME THING OVER, AND EXPECTING A DIFFERENT RESULT = INSANITY
http://www.vistax64.com/images/style...reputation.gif
-*don't forget to say thanks, tip my scales!*-
Yerto

Re: Vista (Hp pavilion dv2000) Home Premium Network problems

Dont think so, I will try again thou