Driver Not Loading

JamesJ

Driver Not Loading
I have a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000 v2.0
I'm running:
'c:\Program Files\Microsoft Intellitype Pro\itype.exe'
at startup so I can take advantage of the volume controls on the keyboard to
adjust
the speaker volume on my monitor.
I have a Mitsubishi 17" flat screen monitor which I've had for some time.

Yesterday the volume controls worked fine but sometime between late
yesterday
and today they stopped working.

I'm getting the following error in my admin tools event log:
'The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
i8042prt.'
The driver does exist in ...windows\system32

All other keys work fine on the keyboard... mail, start menu etc.
The volume controls on the monitor work ok.
I haven't installed any new software recently.
I ran a system file check but when it got done it simply closed and there
were no messages.

JamesJ

Re: Driver Not Loading
If anyone is interested I found an article on the internet that suggested
plugging into different USB port and it worked.
The volume buttons on the keyboard work fine now.
It forced windows to reinstall the human interface drivers or whatever it
does when you plug into a different USB port.
Don't know why it failed to begin with, though.
Although the driver still fails to load at startup.

James

James
"JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>I have a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000 v2.0
> I'm running:
> 'c:\Program Files\Microsoft Intellitype Pro\itype.exe'
> at startup so I can take advantage of the volume controls on the keyboard
> to adjust
> the speaker volume on my monitor.
> I have a Mitsubishi 17" flat screen monitor which I've had for some time.
>
> Yesterday the volume controls worked fine but sometime between late
> yesterday
> and today they stopped working.
>
> I'm getting the following error in my admin tools event log:
> 'The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
> i8042prt.'
> The driver does exist in ...windows\system32
>
> All other keys work fine on the keyboard... mail, start menu etc.
> The volume controls on the monitor work ok.
> I haven't installed any new software recently.
> I ran a system file check but when it got done it simply closed and there
> were no messages.

TheDuck

Re: Driver Not Loading
changed to cause the problem.

> If anyone is interested I found an article on the internet that suggested
> plugging into different USB port and it worked.
> The volume buttons on the keyboard work fine now.
> It forced windows to reinstall the human interface drivers or whatever it
> does when you plug into a different USB port.
> Don't know why it failed to begin with, though.
> Although the driver still fails to load at startup.
>
> James
>
> James
> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>>I have a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000 v2.0
>> I'm running:
>> 'c:\Program Files\Microsoft Intellitype Pro\itype.exe'
>> at startup so I can take advantage of the volume controls on the keyboard
>> to adjust
>> the speaker volume on my monitor.
>> I have a Mitsubishi 17" flat screen monitor which I've had for some time.
>>
>> Yesterday the volume controls worked fine but sometime between late
>> yesterday
>> and today they stopped working.
>>
>> I'm getting the following error in my admin tools event log:
>> 'The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
>> i8042prt.'
>> The driver does exist in ...windows\system32
>>
>> All other keys work fine on the keyboard... mail, start menu etc.
>> The volume controls on the monitor work ok.
>> I haven't installed any new software recently.
>> I ran a system file check but when it got done it simply closed and there
>> were no messages.

JamesJ

Re: Driver Not Loading
I have sytem restore disabled. Too unreliable.

James

"TheDuck" <theduck@pond.net> wrote in message
> changed to cause the problem.
>
> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>> If anyone is interested I found an article on the internet that suggested
>> plugging into different USB port and it worked.
>> The volume buttons on the keyboard work fine now.
>> It forced windows to reinstall the human interface drivers or whatever it
>> does when you plug into a different USB port.
>> Don't know why it failed to begin with, though.
>> Although the driver still fails to load at startup.
>>
>> James
>>
>> James
>> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>>>I have a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000 v2.0
>>> I'm running:
>>> 'c:\Program Files\Microsoft Intellitype Pro\itype.exe'
>>> at startup so I can take advantage of the volume controls on the
>>> keyboard to adjust
>>> the speaker volume on my monitor.
>>> I have a Mitsubishi 17" flat screen monitor which I've had for some
>>> time.
>>>
>>> Yesterday the volume controls worked fine but sometime between late
>>> yesterday
>>> and today they stopped working.
>>>
>>> I'm getting the following error in my admin tools event log:
>>> 'The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
>>> i8042prt.'
>>> The driver does exist in ...windows\system32
>>>
>>> All other keys work fine on the keyboard... mail, start menu etc.
>>> The volume controls on the monitor work ok.
>>> I haven't installed any new software recently.
>>> I ran a system file check but when it got done it simply closed and
>>> there were no messages.

smlunatick

Re: Driver Not Loading
On Apr 3, 8:49*pm, "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote:
> I have sytem restore disabled. Too unreliable.
>
> James
>
> "TheDuck" <thed...@pond.net> wrote in message

> > changed to cause the problem.

> > "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
> >> If anyone is interested I found an article on the internet that suggested
> >> plugging into different USB port and it worked.
> >> The volume buttons on the keyboard work fine now.
> >> It forced windows to reinstall the human interface drivers or whateverit
> >> does when you plug into a different USB port.
> >> Don't know why it failed to begin with, though.
> >> Although the driver still fails to load at startup.

> >> James

> >> James
> >> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message

System Restore is reliable. It is the fact that some anti-virus will
take over the cause it to not work. Norton "products" have been
widely known to block the System Restore feature. Norton adds a
module to the software which protects the software from tampering.
This blocks the System Restore. Norton has a FAQ article on this.