Toshiba Satellite A350D laptop touchpad scroll?

Brian V

Toshiba Satellite A350D laptop touchpad scroll?
Hi. My Toshiba Satellite A350D laptop came with Windows Vista 64-bit and had
a scrolling option on the touchpad. It was really convenient. There was an
annoying taskbar icon I believe I removed. The thing is, I think I removed an
advanced option menu from my laptop by removing the icon I did. Which
probably had the scrolling option in it.

I go into control panel and the mouse section. I can no longer get the same
menu. I can use the touch pad and I can use the control panel menu. Does
anyone have the same laptop and can let me know how to get into that
different menu and turn on the scroll option? It was on the right side of the
touch pad actually.

I made a boot dvd-rom when I got the laptop set-up at home before I started
erasing certain programs, configuring stuff, downloading updates, etc. I
think I may have to reinstall everything. But this is the last resort (at
least there is a service pack 2 right now.........). I'll download that
service pack 2 before I do any of that boot dvd-rom stuff though.......

Thank you.
Badger

Re: Toshiba Satellite A350D laptop touchpad scroll?
Boot in safe mode and do a system restore to an earlier date.

"Brian V" <BrianV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi. My Toshiba Satellite A350D laptop came with Windows Vista 64-bit and
> had
> a scrolling option on the touchpad. It was really convenient. There was an
> annoying taskbar icon I believe I removed. The thing is, I think I removed
> an
> advanced option menu from my laptop by removing the icon I did. Which
> probably had the scrolling option in it.
>
> I go into control panel and the mouse section. I can no longer get the
> same
> menu. I can use the touch pad and I can use the control panel menu. Does
> anyone have the same laptop and can let me know how to get into that
> different menu and turn on the scroll option? It was on the right side of
> the
> touch pad actually.
>
> I made a boot dvd-rom when I got the laptop set-up at home before I
> started
> erasing certain programs, configuring stuff, downloading updates, etc. I
> think I may have to reinstall everything. But this is the last resort (at
> least there is a service pack 2 right now.........). I'll download that
> service pack 2 before I do any of that boot dvd-rom stuff though.......
>
> Thank you.

Brian V

Re: Toshiba Satellite A350D laptop touchpad scroll?
Thought so. Thank you.
Badger

Re: Toshiba Satellite A350D laptop touchpad scroll?
You're welcome,
Another thing to try when things go wrong,
is to type SFC /SCANNOW on the Start Run line.
This will replace any missing or corrupt files in the operating system.

newsB177DA2-7325-4537-BC2E-073732F3DB55@microsoft.com...