cd/dvd drive not detected

raysmith

cd/dvd drive not detected

So my cd/dvd drive doesn't show up on my computer. I have a dell
inspiron 5315 desktop. I searched the forum here and found nothing that
worked. I tried to uninstall it from my device manager but it would
reinstall itself upon reboot, i tried to delete my upper and lower
registries for the drive but I don't have lower registry for that. I
also checked my autoplay settings but everything was fine there.

I don't know what else to do, please help.

--
raysmith
Peter

Re: cd/dvd drive not detected
Have you tried going to the makers website and getting the latest firmware
for it? Flash it with that and often that does the trick.

Peter
MVP Consumer Security 2009.
"raysmith" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> So my cd/dvd drive doesn't show up on my computer. I have a dell
> inspiron 5315 desktop. I searched the forum here and found nothing that
> worked. I tried to uninstall it from my device manager but it would
> reinstall itself upon reboot, i tried to delete my upper and lower
> registries for the drive but I don't have lower registry for that. I
> also checked my autoplay settings but everything was fine there.
>
> I don't know what else to do, please help.
>

> --
> raysmith

Peter Foldes

Re: cd/dvd drive not detected
Have a look here

http://kgiii.info/windows/XP/general...VD_drives.html

--
Peter

"raysmith" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> So my cd/dvd drive doesn't show up on my computer. I have a dell
> inspiron 5315 desktop. I searched the forum here and found nothing that
> worked. I tried to uninstall it from my device manager but it would
> reinstall itself upon reboot, i tried to delete my upper and lower
> registries for the drive but I don't have lower registry for that. I
> also checked my autoplay settings but everything was fine there.
>
> I don't know what else to do, please help.
>

> --
> raysmith

raysmith

Re: cd/dvd drive not detected

Peter;1238366 Wrote:
> Have you tried going to the makers website and getting the latest
> firmware
> for it? Flash it with that and often that does the trick.
>
> Peter
> MVP Consumer Security 2009.
> "raysmith" <guest@newsgroup-email.com> wrote in message
> news:700e55b44b79cb9a25c707a94d242e8d@newsgroup-gateway.com...> > >
> > >
> > > So my cd/dvd drive doesn't show up on my computer. I have a dell
> > > inspiron 5315 desktop. I searched the forum here and found nothing

> > that
> > > worked. I tried to uninstall it from my device manager but it would
> > > reinstall itself upon reboot, i tried to delete my upper and lower
> > > registries for the drive but I don't have lower registry for that. I
> > > also checked my autoplay settings but everything was fine there.
> > >
> > > I don't know what else to do, please help.
> > >

> > > --
> > > raysmith > >

I had trouble finding one that worked. One of them told me that my
drive wasn't connected (I check the cables to be sure). My drive is:
iHAS324-99 Y

--
raysmith
TheDuck

Re: cd/dvd drive not detected
A common bug.

"raysmith" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> So my cd/dvd drive doesn't show up on my computer. I have a dell
> inspiron 5315 desktop. I searched the forum here and found nothing that
> worked. I tried to uninstall it from my device manager but it would
> reinstall itself upon reboot, i tried to delete my upper and lower
> registries for the drive but I don't have lower registry for that. I
> also checked my autoplay settings but everything was fine there.
>
> I don't know what else to do, please help.
>

> --
> raysmith

raysmith

Re: cd/dvd drive not detected

So I still haven't found anything that has worked. I think it may be the
sata interface that's not working. I'm going to have it repaired.

Thanks everyone for all of your help.

--
raysmith