HP 1610 and/or 4315 all in one printers wont complete reinstallprocess

meteore

HP 1610 and/or 4315 all in one printers wont complete reinstallprocess
Hi,

I tried to reinstall all software for the above after following all
solutions from HP website.

The software installs up to 96% and then hangs there for both printers

I do not know what is causing this problem. The printers will still
print, but the icon HP printer solution does not detect printer and
therefore I cannot scan a document to email or detect ink levels.

Has anybody had the same problem and what did you do about it?

I think if I reinstalled all vista software cleanly and made a clean
boot this would solve problem. This process would be timely and I want
to avoid this.

Roger
DL

Re: HP 1610 and/or 4315 all in one printers wont complete reinstall process
I think I would use the tool on hp site to completely remove HP drivers,
disconnect your printers, reboot the PC, reinstall latest drivers/software
from HP site following HP installation procedure, which useually means
installing their software only connecting the printer when instructed during
the process.

"meteore" <bigrog98@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I tried to reinstall all software for the above after following all
> solutions from HP website.
>
> The software installs up to 96% and then hangs there for both printers
>
> I do not know what is causing this problem. The printers will still
> print, but the icon HP printer solution does not detect printer and
> therefore I cannot scan a document to email or detect ink levels.
>
> Has anybody had the same problem and what did you do about it?
>
> I think if I reinstalled all vista software cleanly and made a clean
> boot this would solve problem. This process would be timely and I want
> to avoid this.
>
> Roger

meteore

Re: HP 1610 and/or 4315 all in one printers wont complete reinstallprocess
-I have d\l all software from HP site, followed their instructions, by
using msconfig etc. Same result occurs. Hangs at 96%.

Roger
Michael

> -I have d\l all software from HP site, followed their instructions, by
> using msconfig etc. Same result occurs. Hangs at 96%.
>
> Roger

Roger. Try this. Download and save the installation file. After it's
done, right click on the file and select "Run as Administrator." At this
stage you have nothing to lose.
--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

meteore

Re: HP 1610 and/or 4315 all in one printers wont complete reinstallprocess

Problem resolved to my satisfaction.

I went to ms config and followed hp instructions and then opened d\l
file for about the twentieth time and pressed the remove software and
the program started to install software for both printers, even though
one of them was closed. By some fluke the programs for both were
installed at the same time.

The icon now detects both printers. The only thing missing are the
other icons which came with the program, which I do not need.

I think there is a problem with the HP file software and it needs
some more work for Vista...

Roger