Need info on using a web cam

The Learner

Need info on using a web cam
Perhaps this is the wrong newsgroup for getting information on the use of
a web cam - but, if it is, please point me in the right direction. I
can't find a newsgroup for webcams. Thanks.
TheDuck

Re: Need info on using a web cam
What do you need to know? Just install the drivers, plug it in, start an
application that uses a webcam. No rocket science needed.

"The Learner" <moron@newsgroups.net> wrote in message
> Perhaps this is the wrong newsgroup for getting information on the use of
> a web cam - but, if it is, please point me in the right direction. I
> can't find a newsgroup for webcams. Thanks.

Paul Calcagno

Re: Need info on using a web cam
The Learner.

I installed a webcam on my desktop and on my son's laptop. I'm running Vista
Home Premium and he's running Vista Basic. We went to Walmart, purchased 2
Logitec webcams at less than $40 each. It comes with an installation disk
and both installs went flawlessly. The communication software is something
called Logitec Vid. I use my `live ID' e-mail address and a password and my
son uses his existing Hotmail e-mail address and password. Once you each
add the other persons e-mail address to your contacts list and once that
person takes a picture him/herself all you need to do is open the
application, click on the picture and the other persons computer phone will
start ringing. A simple click to accept the call and you're both hooked up.
Works great, but I have noticed that there are times of the day when the
connection is poor resulting in either some audio echo's or the picture
momentarily goes black for 1/2 a second. Other than that we're pretty happy
with Logitec..
Good luck..........Paul C.

"TheDuck" <theduck@pond.net> wrote in message
> What do you need to know? Just install the drivers, plug it in, start an
> application that uses a webcam. No rocket science needed.
>
> "The Learner" <moron@newsgroups.net> wrote in message
>> Perhaps this is the wrong newsgroup for getting information on the use of
>> a web cam - but, if it is, please point me in the right direction. I
>> can't find a newsgroup for webcams. Thanks.

The Learner

Re: Need info on using a web cam
On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 20:07:53 -0500, "Paul Calcagno"
<pcalcagno@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

>The Learner.
>
>I installed a webcam on my desktop and on my son's laptop. I'm running Vista
>Home Premium and he's running Vista Basic. We went to Walmart, purchased 2
>Logitec webcams at less than $40 each. It comes with an installation disk
>and both installs went flawlessly. The communication software is something
>called Logitec Vid. I use my `live ID' e-mail address and a password and my
>son uses his existing Hotmail e-mail address and password. Once you each
>add the other persons e-mail address to your contacts list and once that
>person takes a picture him/herself all you need to do is open the
>application, click on the picture and the other persons computer phone will
>start ringing. A simple click to accept the call and you're both hooked up.
>Works great, but I have noticed that there are times of the day when the
>connection is poor resulting in either some audio echo's or the picture
>momentarily goes black for 1/2 a second. Other than that we're pretty happy
>with Logitec..
>Good luck..........Paul C.

You'd like Skype. It's free and you can do the same thing with anyone in
the country.