installed vista..no internet.

drak

installed vista..no internet.
ok ok im giving in and posting my problem here. i just recently bought a copy of windows vista ultimate and sevenultimate...im running amd atlon dual core 7750 the install went great except it took a really long time to install. seems like all my drivers installed just fine except te nvidia network controller. i have been looking on the net for a possible updated driver/fix for 2 dayys now and im not getting anywehre. ive posted on the nivida forums with this issue and havent got a reply and now im posting here if anyone can give me some information on how to fix this small issue it would be apreciated . id like to install seven on another machine  but now i am afraid ill be without the net for another two days. thanks in advance.

Rob

Re: installed vista..no internet.

"drak" wrote in message news:eGNc9MzrKHA.5568@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> ok ok im giving in and posting my problem here. i just recently bought a
> copy of windows vista ultimate and sevenultimate...im running amd atlon
> dual core 7750 the install went great except it took a really long
> time to install. seems like all my drivers installed just fine except te
> nvidia network controller. i have been looking on the net for a possible
> updated driver/fix for 2 dayys now and im not getting anywehre. ive posted
> on the nivida forums with this issue and havent got a reply and now im
> posting here if anyone can give me some information on how to fix this
> small issue it would be apreciated . id like to install seven on another
> machine  but now i am afraid ill be without the net for another two
> days. thanks in advance.
>

> Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

Hi ,

You don't say what operating system you've upgraded from- so I'll presume
Windows XP and I take it all was working fine at that time. There may be a
fix/patch located on your PC manufacturers website to deal with Vista Seven
drivers, particularly your network controller - have you looked?

Rob

--
Red meat isn't bad for you....Blue, Green fuzzy meat is bad for you.

drak

RE: installed vista..no internet.
doh sorry, i built my pc im using an asus mobo i have went to nvidia and downloaded the latest drivers. so far i can get online but i get a message saying windwos IE has shut down. i had three machines going last night one one with wista home edition the other two with windows seven home. im using a linksys router. and also tried using 10/100 dynex router. im sorry for the little information im giving but im trying to toruble shoot at work as well as at home. any replies or advice wouldbe appreciated.

"drak" wrote in message news:ej9Gmv$rKHA.4632@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> doh sorry, i built my pc im using an asus mobo i have went to nvidia and
> downloaded the latest drivers. so far i can get online but i get a message
> saying windwos IE has shut down. i had three machines going last night one
> one with wista home edition the other two with windows seven home. im
> using a linksys router. and also tried using 10/100 dynex router. im
> sorry for the little information im giving but im trying to toruble shoot
> at work as well as at home. any replies or advice wouldbe appreciated.
>

> Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

Hi,

Does any of the info in this link help...

http://www.vistax64.com/network-shar...ler-issue.html

Could you post up the exact version of your network controller (is it built
in to mobo or a seperate card) and your mobo chipset.

What is device manager telling you about the controller?

Rob

--
Red meat isn't bad for you....Blue, Green fuzzy meat is bad for you.

TheDuck

Re: installed vista..no internet.
If the nvidea controller is imbedded on the system board you need to go to
the system board manufacturers web site and get the drivers.