IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Amity Waisel

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
I have an ASUS P5RD1-VM motherboard and each time I restart my computer or
insert a disk to my PC, I get an error "blue screen of death", with the
message IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
The driver ASUS supplies isn't for Windows Vista (I have Windows Vista Home
Premium).
This problem (or a similar one) occured on this computer with WinXP, so I
installed Windows Vista to fix it, but now the problem returned.
On the solutions center there is a message that the error was caused by
ATK0110 ACPI driver, and the solution is Windows Update. Windows Update found
no updates for this driver. I tried to download the driver for my MotherBoard
from ASUS web, but there was no Vista-Compatible one so I updated it manually
by choosing the INF file there. I didn't help, the problem still exists.
The problem mainly happens when I try to read a CD/DVD from my computer's
drive, or just turn-off/restart the computer. Just before it shuts down, the
screen becomes blue, and after few seconds the computer begins to upload the
Windows, and when I log-on the is a message that there was an unexpected
error for windows.
How can I fix that?
Thank you
SLoweCSL

RE: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Since it is an ATI/AMD chipset (ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Northbridge) you can
get the drivers for Vista from them.

http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/v...d-vista32.html

If that doesn't fix the problem, try looking at hardware issues such as
faulty ram.

Hope this helps.
--
An Engineer asks "How does it work"
A Scientists asks "Why does it work?"

"Amity Waisel" wrote:

> I have an ASUS P5RD1-VM motherboard and each time I restart my computer or
> insert a disk to my PC, I get an error "blue screen of death", with the
> message IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
> The driver ASUS supplies isn't for Windows Vista (I have Windows Vista Home
> Premium).
> This problem (or a similar one) occured on this computer with WinXP, so I
> installed Windows Vista to fix it, but now the problem returned.
> On the solutions center there is a message that the error was caused by
> ATK0110 ACPI driver, and the solution is Windows Update. Windows Update found
> no updates for this driver. I tried to download the driver for my MotherBoard
> from ASUS web, but there was no Vista-Compatible one so I updated it manually
> by choosing the INF file there. I didn't help, the problem still exists.
> The problem mainly happens when I try to read a CD/DVD from my computer's
> drive, or just turn-off/restart the computer. Just before it shuts down, the
> screen becomes blue, and after few seconds the computer begins to upload the
> Windows, and when I log-on the is a message that there was an unexpected
> error for windows.
> How can I fix that?
> Thank you

ztipkorb

Re: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

hello everybody! i'm also using *P5RD1-VM* motherboard, w/ Intel Celeron
CPU 2.66ghz, 512mb ddr1, and running a 32bit Vista Ultimate. I just
upgrade my OS from XP to Vista Ultimate, and same problem i encountered,
one is AUDIO problem, my SoundMax Audio driver doesn't seem to work.
Please share if you have found any solution regarding this problem.
Thanks. PS. I also have problem regarding dial-up connection. Why is may
connectivity status is always NO or LIMITED connectivity..

--
ztipkorb