SOny DV Video Camera

nick npn29

SOny DV Video Camera
Hi, I have a Sony Mini DV DCR-HC44 video camera. Worked fine with XP using
a Firewire to upload my video. Since installing Windows Vista will not work.
Have used MM to acquire capture but says can not find camera, firewire card
all installed and said to be working fine. Did once get the card to start
capturing once but then halted and froze up after a few seconds, since then
can not capture video,

Sony says the camera is compatible with Vista, have read lots of issues in
respect of this but no clear soloution, please help.

GIN WINTER

RE: SOny DV Video Camera
HI THERE HAVE YOU FOUND THE ANSWER TO YOUR PROBLEM.MY PANASONIC MINI DV AS
THE SAME PROBLEM IT WAS FINE WITH XP.SOME ONE HELP.CHEERS.

"nick npn29" wrote:

> Hi, I have a Sony Mini DV DCR-HC44 video camera. Worked fine with XP using
> a Firewire to upload my video. Since installing Windows Vista will not work.
> Have used MM to acquire capture but says can not find camera, firewire card
> all installed and said to be working fine. Did once get the card to start
> capturing once but then halted and froze up after a few seconds, since then
> can not capture video,
>
> Sony says the camera is compatible with Vista, have read lots of issues in
> respect of this but no clear soloution, please help.

nickm

Re: SOny DV Video Camera

"nick npn29" <nicknpn29@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have a Sony Mini DV DCR-HC44 video camera. Worked fine with XP
> using
> a Firewire to upload my video. Since installing Windows Vista will not
> work.
> Have used MM to acquire capture but says can not find camera, firewire
> card
> all installed and said to be working fine. Did once get the card to start
> capturing once but then halted and froze up after a few seconds, since
> then
> can not capture video,
>
> Sony says the camera is compatible with Vista, have read lots of issues
> in
> respect of this but no clear soloution, please help.

Which chipset is your firewire port using on the PC? Texas Instruments
chipsets usually work fine, but others sometimes have problems. If your PC
has a VIA chipset or some other type, fitting a standard Firewire card with
a TI chipset may resolve the issue. My board - Asus P5B-Deluxe uses TI and
works fine with my Sony mini DV camcorder and Vista 64

patmedz

Re: SOny DV Video Camera

nickm;307417 Wrote:
> "nick npn29" <nicknpn29@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, I have a Sony Mini DV DCR-HC44 video camera. Worked fine with

> XP
> > using
> > a Firewire to upload my video. Since installing Windows Vista will

> not
> > work.
> > Have used MM to acquire capture but says can not find camera,

> firewire
> > card
> > all installed and said to be working fine. Did once get the card to

> start
> > capturing once but then halted and froze up after a few seconds,

> since
> > then
> > can not capture video,
> >
> > Sony says the camera is compatible with Vista, have read lots of

> issues
> > in
> > respect of this but no clear soloution, please help.
> >

> Which chipset is your firewire port using on the PC? Texas Instruments
> chipsets usually work fine, but others sometimes have problems. If
> your PC
> has a VIA chipset or some other type, fitting a standard Firewire card
> with
> a TI chipset may resolve the issue. My board - Asus P5B-Deluxe uses TI
> and
> works fine with my Sony mini DV camcorder and Vista 64

hi! i have a JVC mini DV. and my OS is 32-bit vista. will firewire
work?

--
patmedz
Katoninja

Re: SOny DV Video Camera

Yes I too have a sharpe mini-dv and I am using a Expresscard/34 IEEE
1394a (firewire) and a 6pin to 4pin cable. I get very raley footage and
then locks up, or complete garbage, or I get put tape in, or some times
I get can not find av/c subunit. I wonder if there is an answer out
there for this problem.

--
Katoninja