Kensington Mouseworks now works OK

Birk Binnard

Kensington Mouseworks now works OK
Previously the Kensington Mouseworks Ver. 6.2.2 software would not
install properly in Vista. Now it does. So if you have an Expert Mouse
trackball (which is the highest productivity pointing device ever
invented) you can say Welcome Back to your programmable buttons.

Oh Frabjous Day!! Calloo Callay!!
--
Birk Binnard
http://www.birkbinnard.com
k4gdw

Re: Kensington Mouseworks now works OK

That's great news. I'll give it a shot when I get home tonight. I find
it interesting that after the Kensington folks were very adamant that
they were NEVER going to support Vista with their software because Vista
handled all the important functions already. (Not true, but the
Kensington folks didn't seem to care when I called them.)

--
k4gdw
Punk Nugget

Re: Kensington Mouseworks now works OK

Unfortunately it doesn't work. I have tried it the way and actually saw
another website that even had it so you could see how it was in pics. I
also installed many different drivers to see if it would work. NOTHING.
I have uninstalled everything and am just going to have to get used to
this terrible system. That's why I LOVE my Mac. I have a Dual 2.0GHz G5
Mac (it's over six years old) with 2.5 gigs of RAM and running OS X
10.4.11 (Tiger). It STILL works like the day I bought it !!! At least it
runs my trackball with the software. Too bad there is no other work
around this one. By the way I also installed this:

- Install 'IntelliPoint'
(http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/do...category=MK%22)
for Vista.
- Select "Microsoft Trackball Optical" as your device
- Install 'X-Mouse Button Control'
(http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/X...tonControl.htm)

Still, it DIDN'T work. I'm tellin' ya, nothing is working. All it takes
is for someone to write a few 1 and 0's to get this working. Can someone
please help me. I miss Click and Dragging with my bottom left botton on
my Kensington Expert Mouse Trackball. The funny thing was that one of
the head developing technicians felt so bad for me he sent me ANOTHER
trackball for FREE. But if it doesn't do what you want, at the end of
the day, it doesn't mean much. At least I'm grateful he was nice enough
to send it to me. That I will always remember !!!

--
Punk Nugget
stubek

Re: Kensington Mouseworks now works OK

New solution found! Almost...
So I tried the tricks installing KMW 6.2.2 and then restarting, but no
matter what it did, it could not find my driver for my mouse, so I only
got the basic Vista mouse options screen. With this, only the scroll
wheel and left/right buttons work, not buttons 3,4, or 5.

The new solution, almost is to install Intelipoint. Pick almost any
mouse that has at least the same number of buttons as your Kensington
Mouse, if not more. This almost works because you get the basic
functions of buttons 3 and 4 (forward and back), but you cannot program
them. So, right now, my little front button thinks it is number 3, not
number 4 and vice versa. Even if I go into Intelipoint and change the
task for the button, it still does not change on the mouse. But at
least I have more functionality.

I am going to try an older Intelipoint and also something from Logitech
or a few other mouse makers.

For reference, I have the Kensington Ci20 Optical Mouse. I use this
mostly for the size of the mouse. It fits my hand well and it was only
$30.

--
stubek