This device cannot find enough free resources..

Rob

Re: This device cannot find enough free resources..

"Michael Solomon" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message
> "Rob" <bucfan11@SPAMearthlink.net> wrote in message
>>I just installed Vista Home Premium in my laptop, I get "This device
>>cannot find enough free resources...(code 12)" error on my video, it is an
>>ATI Radeon IGP320M with 128 meg shared ram. I updated my bios yet no luck.
>>Anyone know of a fix for this?
>>
>> Rob

> Did you check for the latest Vista compatible drivers at the ATI website?
> How much main system ram does the laptop have since graphics card is
> sharing? What is else are you doing or is running on the system when the
> video is playing?
>
> --
> Michael Solomon

There are no Vista compatible drivers for the ATI IGP320M chipset. Vista
has one I can choose but no luck. Vista says the pci-bus is sharing with
the video chipset. I have 1 gig RAM,128 Video Ram.

Michael Solomon

Re: This device cannot find enough free resources..
"Rob" <bucfan11@SPAMearthlink.net> wrote in message
>I just installed Vista Home Premium in my laptop, I get "This device cannot
>find enough free resources...(code 12)" error on my video, it is an ATI
>Radeon IGP320M with 128 meg shared ram. I updated my bios yet no luck.
>Anyone know of a fix for this?
>
> Rob

Did you check for the latest Vista compatible drivers at the ATI website?
How much main system ram does the laptop have since graphics card is
sharing? What is else are you doing or is running on the system when the
video is playing?

--
Michael Solomon

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: This device cannot find enough free resources..
Which make and model of notebook? Did you install the motherboard (or
rather systemboard since it's a notebook) drivers and utilities from the
notebook manufacturer's website?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

> "Michael Solomon" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message
>> "Rob" <bucfan11@SPAMearthlink.net> wrote in message
>>>I just installed Vista Home Premium in my laptop, I get "This device
>>>cannot find enough free resources...(code 12)" error on my video, it is
>>>an ATI Radeon IGP320M with 128 meg shared ram. I updated my bios yet no
>>>luck. Anyone know of a fix for this?
>>>
>>> Rob

>> Did you check for the latest Vista compatible drivers at the ATI website?
>> How much main system ram does the laptop have since graphics card is
>> sharing? What is else are you doing or is running on the system when the
>> video is playing?
>>
>> --
>> Michael Solomon

> There are no Vista compatible drivers for the ATI IGP320M chipset. Vista
> has one I can choose but no luck. Vista says the pci-bus is sharing with
> the video chipset. I have 1 gig RAM,128 Video Ram.

Rob

Re: This device cannot find enough free resources..
It is a Emachine M5312. 1gig RAM, 128meg ATI IGP320 onboard Video. There are
no Vista updates from emachine, no updates EVER from emachine. It works grat
under XP, here is the problem:

The pci-pci bridge shares resources with my onboard ATI IGP320M video
chipset resulting in me not being
able to load the video driver. I get this: "This device cannot find enough
free resources that it can use. (Code 12) If you want to use this device,
you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system." Of course
if I disable the pci bridge than it does not detect my video chipset. There
is no settings in my bios for this. Any suggestions? I've Googled,
etc but no luck.

Thanks

"Cari (MS-MVP)" <NewsGroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
> Which make and model of notebook? Did you install the motherboard (or
> rather systemboard since it's a notebook) drivers and utilities from the
> notebook manufacturer's website?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Rob" <bucfan11SPAM@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Michael Solomon" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message
>>> "Rob" <bucfan11@SPAMearthlink.net> wrote in message

>>> Did you check for the latest Vista compatible drivers at the ATI
>>> website? How much main system ram does the laptop have since graphics
>>> card is sharing? What is else are you doing or is running on the system
>>> when the video is playing?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Michael Solomon

>> There are no Vista compatible drivers for the ATI IGP320M chipset. Vista
>> has one I can choose but no luck. Vista says the pci-bus is sharing with
>> the video chipset. I have 1 gig RAM,128 Video Ram.

Bob Johnston

Re: This device cannot find enough free resources..
Although I cannot help you directly, this seems to be an ever recurring
problem with Vista. I built a new system last week with a brand new Abit
mobo and Vista produced exactly the same problem when I tried to install a
TV card. It was only resolved after two days of menkeying around and
eventually installing latest Bios and chipset drivers on the mobo. What is
the problem with Vista and IRQ assignments ??
> It is a Emachine M5312. 1gig RAM, 128meg ATI IGP320 onboard Video. There

are
> no Vista updates from emachine, no updates EVER from emachine. It works

grat
> under XP, here is the problem:
>
> The pci-pci bridge shares resources with my onboard ATI IGP320M video
> chipset resulting in me not being
> able to load the video driver. I get this: "This device cannot find enough
> free resources that it can use. (Code 12) If you want to use this device,
> you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system." Of

course
> if I disable the pci bridge than it does not detect my video chipset.

There
> is no settings in my bios for this. Any suggestions? I've Googled,
> etc but no luck.
>
> Thanks
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <NewsGroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
> > Which make and model of notebook? Did you install the motherboard (or
> > rather systemboard since it's a notebook) drivers and utilities from the
> > notebook manufacturer's website?
> > --
> > Cari (MS-MVP)
> > Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
> > http://www.coribright.com/windows
> >
> > "Rob" <bucfan11SPAM@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> >>
> >> "Michael Solomon" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message

is

no

system

> >> There are no Vista compatible drivers for the ATI IGP320M chipset.

Vista
> >> has one I can choose but no luck. Vista says the pci-bus is sharing

with
> >> the video chipset. I have 1 gig RAM,128 Video Ram.

Rob

Re: This device cannot find enough free resources..
I gave up and installed it on a desktop instead of MY laptop. No problems
installing it on an AMD 3500 64. 1 gig RAM, Nvidia 256 6800 GT. I would have
really liked to have put it on my laptop though.

..