mouse scrollwheel will not scroll

frogliver

mouse scrollwheel will not scroll
I installed an HP wireless mobile mouse in my laptop and the scroll wheel
does not work. It shows the Auto-scroll icon on the screen when I click the
wheel but does not move the screen vertically or horizontally. Manually
scrolling with the wheel does nothing either.

I checked the HP website and have the latest drivers, and their
troubleshooting/help is no help. The "mouse settings" window I get from
Control Panel/mouse only sets the amount of lines you want scrolled (this
mouse wheel has vertical and side-to-side movement). I have tried
uninstalling/disabling other mice listed in device Manager.

Since the arrows icon appears when the wheel is clicked on a scrollable
webpage, it knows what I want to do, it just doesn't do anything.

Any suggestions? Thanks

frog

Curious

Re: mouse scrollwheel will not scroll
Have you done a left click somewhere on the window you want to scroll
before you try the scroll wheel on it since if you did not then the scroll
wheel does not know what window if any it is supposed to scroll?

"frogliver" <f_gliver@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I installed an HP wireless mobile mouse in my laptop and the scroll wheel
> does not work. It shows the Auto-scroll icon on the screen when I click
> the wheel but does not move the screen vertically or horizontally.
> Manually scrolling with the wheel does nothing either.
>
> I checked the HP website and have the latest drivers, and their
> troubleshooting/help is no help. The "mouse settings" window I get from
> Control Panel/mouse only sets the amount of lines you want scrolled (this
> mouse wheel has vertical and side-to-side movement). I have tried
> uninstalling/disabling other mice listed in device Manager.
>
> Since the arrows icon appears when the wheel is clicked on a scrollable
> webpage, it knows what I want to do, it just doesn't do anything.
>
> Any suggestions? Thanks
>
> frog

Pflueger

"Curious" <nobody@nspam.com> wrote in message
> Have you done a left click somewhere on the window you want to scroll
> before you try the scroll wheel on it since if you did not then the scroll
> wheel does not know what window if any it is supposed to scroll?

I Tried that first.

> "frogliver" <f_gliver@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> I installed an HP wireless mobile mouse in my laptop and the scroll wheel
>> does not work. It shows the Auto-scroll icon on the screen when I click
>> the wheel but does not move the screen vertically or horizontally.
>> Manually scrolling with the wheel does nothing either.
>>
>> I checked the HP website and have the latest drivers, and their
>> troubleshooting/help is no help. The "mouse settings" window I get from
>> Control Panel/mouse only sets the amount of lines you want scrolled (this
>> mouse wheel has vertical and side-to-side movement). I have tried
>> uninstalling/disabling other mice listed in device Manager.
>>
>> Since the arrows icon appears when the wheel is clicked on a scrollable
>> webpage, it knows what I want to do, it just doesn't do anything.
>>
>> Any suggestions? Thanks
>>
>> frog

frogliver

Re: mouse scrollwheel will not scroll
Problem solved-- uninstalled persistent Logitech crap and reinstalled the HP
mouse. Works fine now.