Dazzle DVC100 drivers

Casp

Dazzle DVC100 drivers
Has anyone been able to intstall the Dazzle DVC100 USB video capture device
on Vista 64bit, have looked on the Pinnacle forums, some seem to have been
able to install but others not, Vista recognizes the device as a DVC100 but
unable to find drivers.

BoredCutter is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Having the same problem
Hi Casp,

For what it's worth, I've been trying to do just that ALL afternoon! (Still no success...) First the geniuses from Redmond tells me "There's an update that fixes this exact problem!"

Apparently, there is 1 particular file that corrupts itself when you try installing "some" harware's device drivers (case in point, the Pinnacle Dazzle DVC100). I guess MS thought "Ahh, it can wait, we'll fix this critical shortcoming later..."

Anyway it is THIS file "1infxxx" which self-destructs and prohibits Vista 64 from completing a rather simple, almost mundane process.

After wading thru pages upon pages of redundant "validation" toll-booths, I finally find the fix, which I try to install, only to have MS then proceed to tell me it "Doesn't apply to (my) system". Leave it to that sad brain-trust to decide the fix that describes this problem PERFECTLY.... doesn't apply.

Vista 64-bit OS, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor, 8 Gb RAM, 1.5 TB combined SATA HDD's, 512 Mb ATI video card.

Sorry, I had little help.
Mick Murphy

Re: Dazzle DVC100 drivers
If you read Dazzle's System requirements, it says XP(SP2 or higher, meaning
SP3); nothing about vista being compatible!!!!!!!
Look at how much System RAM it wants: 512MB!
Not made for Vista 64
Contact the Makers.

Minimum System Requirements: Windows XP (SP2 or higher). Intel Pentium or
AMD Athlon 2.0 GHz or higher (2.4 GHz or higher recommended). 512 MB RAM (1
GB recommended). DirectX 9 or higher compatible graphics card with 64 MB (ATI
Radeon or NVIDIA GeForceâ„¢ 3 or higher, with 128 MB recommended). DirectX 9 or
higher compatible sound card (Creative Audigy or M-Audio recommended). 1 GB
of disk space to install software and 3 GB to install bonus content. 1 USB
2.0 (Hi-Speed) port. DVD burner for creating DVDs
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"BoredCutter" wrote:

> Hi Casp,
>
> For what it's worth, I've been trying to do just that ALL afternoon!
> (Still no success...) First the geniuses from Redmond tells me "There's
> an update that fixes this exact problem!"
>
> Apparently, there is 1 particular file that corrupts itself when you
> try installing "some" harware's device drivers (case in point, the
> Pinnacle Dazzle DVC100). I guess MS thought "Ahh, it can wait, we'll fix
> this critical shortcoming later..."
>
> Anyway it is THIS file "1infxxx" which self-destructs and prohibits
> Vista 64 from completing a rather simple, almost mundane process.
>
> After wading thru pages upon pages of redundant "validation"
> toll-booths, I finally find the fix, which I try to install, only to
> have MS then proceed to tell me it "Doesn't apply to (my) system". Leave
> it to that sad brain-trust to decide the fix that describes this problem
> PERFECTLY.... doesn't apply.
>
> Vista 64-bit OS, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor, 8 Gb RAM, 1.5 TB
> combined SATA HDD's, 512 Mb ATI video card.
>
> Sorry, I had little help.
>

> --
> BoredCutter

Don Komarechka is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BoredCutter,

Its been three weeks or so since you posted your rather in-depth description of what the problem is, and I am curious if you had made any headway with the issue. I've got the same problem in Vista 64 and have found no way around it. The purposed fix did the same thing, saying it "didn't apply". I've tried products from many manufacturers and this is my last straw - I want this to work. This has been the only problem I have encountered with Vista so far that I cannot fix. Did you find a way around it?

Cheers,
- Don Komarechka
sscottb

Re: Dazzle DVC100 drivers

I am trying this as well. What is the problem you are all talking
about. I am simply getting an error when running the installer, which I
got rid of by editing the MSI. I have not tried to apply the driver in
my system yet but just wondering if more problems are waiting for me.
Also, what is the 'fix' you found. Is there a link to it you can
provide?

--
sscottb
sscottb's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/sscottb.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

taz0x

RE: Dazzle DVC100 drivers
Hello Casp, it has been a while since these boards have been active, but I am
replying to give you all good news (in case you haven't noticed). On December
3rd, 2008 Pinnacle did indeed release a Vista 64 bit driver for the DVC100. I
have downloaded it, installed it, tested it, now it works 100%.

Here is the link:
http://cdn.pinnaclesys.com/SupportFi...readmeHW10.htm

Since the exact same board is floating around other sites, I will be
replying to ALL OF THEM so that other users can find this link at ease (with
the help of google). I hope this helps you all.
taz0x

Re: Dazzle DVC100 drivers

taz0x's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/taz0x.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-har...ces/744213.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Cody Jarrett

Re: Dazzle DVC100 drivers
On Sun, 4 Jan 2009 04:29:01 -0800, taz0x
<taz0x@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello Casp, it has been a while

[snip]

Yeah, it has "Casp" posted in May of 2007. and has not returned.
Cody Jarrett

Re: Dazzle DVC100 drivers
On Sun, 4 Jan 2009 18:11:40 +0530, taz0x <taz0x.3lhq3c@DoNotSpam.com>
wrote:

>Hello Casp, it has been a while

[snip]

Replying twice to the same person who hasn't been here
since May of 2007 will NOT get the message to that person.
taz0x

Re: Dazzle DVC100 drivers

Cody Jarrett;4160697 Wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Jan 2009 18:11:40 +0530, taz0x <taz0x.3lhq3c@DoNotSpam.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hello Casp, it has been a while

> [snip]
>
> Replying twice to the same person who hasn't been here
> since May of 2007 will NOT get the message to that person.

Interesting, since I technically only posted once on each board, just
once on the Microsoft one and once here. Didn't know it would link like
this. And for the record I am replying so that EVERYONE can be aware of
this, not just the opener.