HP health check says poor?

Kaden

HP health check says poor?
hi,

when I run my HP health check it comes back with files that need repair but
when i click on the green triangle to click repair it pulls open a help
finder and says "topic not found" and then tells me to go on microsoft.com

It says my status is poor, and I have a HP Pavilion dv6000 with windows
vista and the the files that need repair would be Maintenance under Critical
and under recommended, hardware and security

P.S. also, when i run my virus protection it says my computer is good.

How do I fix it and have the HP say Good? and how do i fix the 3 problems it
detected?
Rox

RE: HP health check says poor?
wow I have the SAME problem *sigh*

Can anyone help us?? please??

"Kaden" wrote:

> hi,
>
> when I run my HP health check it comes back with files that need repair but
> when i click on the green triangle to click repair it pulls open a help
> finder and says "topic not found" and then tells me to go on microsoft.com
>
> It says my status is poor, and I have a HP Pavilion dv6000 with windows
> vista and the the files that need repair would be Maintenance under Critical
> and under recommended, hardware and security
>
> P.S. also, when i run my virus protection it says my computer is good.
>
> How do I fix it and have the HP say Good? and how do i fix the 3 problems it
> detected?

Richard Urban

Re: HP health check says poor?
Why, for goodness sakes, do you not contact HP regarding problems with their
computer and HP supplied utilities?

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

"Rox" <Rox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> wow I have the SAME problem *sigh*
>
> Can anyone help us?? please??
>
> "Kaden" wrote:
>
>> hi,
>>
>> when I run my HP health check it comes back with files that need repair
>> but
>> when i click on the green triangle to click repair it pulls open a help
>> finder and says "topic not found" and then tells me to go on
>> microsoft.com
>>
>> It says my status is poor, and I have a HP Pavilion dv6000 with windows
>> vista and the the files that need repair would be Maintenance under
>> Critical
>> and under recommended, hardware and security
>>
>> P.S. also, when i run my virus protection it says my computer is good.
>>
>> How do I fix it and have the HP say Good? and how do i fix the 3 problems
>> it
>> detected?

Rox

Re: HP health check says poor?
yeah i have. they SUCK giving you info
they take forever and dont explain right
pffff

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> Why, for goodness sakes, do you not contact HP regarding problems with their
> computer and HP supplied utilities?
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>

> "Rox" <Rox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > wow I have the SAME problem *sigh*
> >
> > Can anyone help us?? please??
> >
> > "Kaden" wrote:
> >
> >> hi,
> >>
> >> when I run my HP health check it comes back with files that need repair
> >> but
> >> when i click on the green triangle to click repair it pulls open a help
> >> finder and says "topic not found" and then tells me to go on
> >> microsoft.com
> >>
> >> It says my status is poor, and I have a HP Pavilion dv6000 with windows
> >> vista and the the files that need repair would be Maintenance under
> >> Critical
> >> and under recommended, hardware and security
> >>
> >> P.S. also, when i run my virus protection it says my computer is good.
> >>
> >> How do I fix it and have the HP say Good? and how do i fix the 3 problems
> >> it
> >> detected?

huwyngr

Re: HP health check says poor?

In article <BA3305C4-6723-4EEC-9420-359C42F9ABF8@microsoft.com>, Rox wrote:

> wow I have the SAME problem *sigh**

That tells us absolutely nothing. If you want help say what problem you yourself
have and on what equipment.

> > How do I fix it and have the HP say Good? and how do i fix the 3 problems it*
> > detected?

How do you know that the HP Health Center has any validity in what it says? Most
of these fixit programs don't do anything useful and some do harm.

I have only HP printers and I don't use Health Center.

Does your printer work or not?

Is your Health Center intended to work under VISTA?

I suggest you read these messages:

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vi...lth-check.html

and get rid of anything HP Health Check installed.