can't install new driver

miamoe

can't install new driver
I accidentially installed the wrong driver for my samsung ml-1740.

It's a ntwork printer and now won't print. When I delete the printer and
re-add it, it automatically loads the wrong print driver (1750).

I tired to find the wrong driver on my PC to delete it completely, but can't
locate it. It is driving me crazy.

Also, the "new driver" button in properties is disabled. So I can't change
it that way either.

Please help!
Michael Solomon

Re: can't install new driver
"miamoe" <miamoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I accidentially installed the wrong driver for my samsung ml-1740.
>
> It's a ntwork printer and now won't print. When I delete the printer and
> re-add it, it automatically loads the wrong print driver (1750).
>
> I tired to find the wrong driver on my PC to delete it completely, but
> can't
> locate it. It is driving me crazy.
>
> Also, the "new driver" button in properties is disabled. So I can't change
> it that way either.
>
> Please help!

Try using System Restore to take you back to a time before you installed the
incorrect driver; Start\All Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System
Restore.

--
Michael Solomon

miamoe

Re: can't install new driver
won't this restore the whole system, not just the driver.

"Michael Solomon" wrote:

> "miamoe" <miamoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I accidentially installed the wrong driver for my samsung ml-1740.
> >
> > It's a ntwork printer and now won't print. When I delete the printer and
> > re-add it, it automatically loads the wrong print driver (1750).
> >
> > I tired to find the wrong driver on my PC to delete it completely, but
> > can't
> > locate it. It is driving me crazy.
> >
> > Also, the "new driver" button in properties is disabled. So I can't change
> > it that way either.
> >
> > Please help!

> Try using System Restore to take you back to a time before you installed the
> incorrect driver; Start\All Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System
> Restore.
>
> --
> Michael Solomon

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: can't install new driver
Did you uninstall it CORRECTLY?

http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm

Most folks miss out Step 4.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"miamoe" <miamoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I accidentially installed the wrong driver for my samsung ml-1740.
>
> It's a ntwork printer and now won't print. When I delete the printer and
> re-add it, it automatically loads the wrong print driver (1750).
>
> I tired to find the wrong driver on my PC to delete it completely, but
> can't
> locate it. It is driving me crazy.
>
> Also, the "new driver" button in properties is disabled. So I can't change
> it that way either.
>
> Please help!

Michael Solomon

Re: can't install new driver
miamoe wrote:
> won't this restore the whole system, not just the driver.
>
> "Michael Solomon" wrote:
>
>> "miamoe" <miamoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I accidentially installed the wrong driver for my samsung ml-1740.
>>>
>>> It's a ntwork printer and now won't print. When I delete the
>>> printer and re-add it, it automatically loads the wrong print
>>> driver (1750).
>>>
>>> I tired to find the wrong driver on my PC to delete it completely,
>>> but can't
>>> locate it. It is driving me crazy.
>>>
>>> Also, the "new driver" button in properties is disabled. So I can't
>>> change it that way either.
>>>
>>> Please help!

>> Try using System Restore to take you back to a time before you
>> installed the incorrect driver; Start\All
>> Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Restore.
>>
>> --
>> Michael Solomon

System Restore, restores system settings. It is not a backup/restore
application, it is not an image restore, it only restores the system state,
the state it was in at the designated restore stop, it doesn't touch your
data though you should always be well backed up in case something goes
wrong.

--
Michael Solomon