Problem opening web pages with mouse

curleecues

Problem opening web pages with mouse
Hi
I am using vista home premium 64bit. All updated, and wireless HP mouse
battery is brand new and shows 100% remaining. When I am on a webpage and
want to open something, I used to be able to double click on the left side
of the mouse and it would open, all of a sudden this am, it doesn't work
I have to click on the right side, then click on open.... to open anything,
I am not sure where else to look, I checked the control panel but didn't
find anything unusual under mouse. Can someone please help me.
Thankyou
Curleecues

Rich.

Re: Problem opening web pages with mouse

"curleecues" <muscally@telus.net> wrote in message
> Hi
> I am using vista home premium 64bit. All updated, and wireless HP mouse
> battery is brand new and shows 100% remaining. When I am on a webpage
> and want to open something, I used to be able to double click on the left
> side of the mouse and it would open, all of a sudden this am, it
> doesn't work I have to click on the right side, then click on open.... to
> open anything, I am not sure where else to look, I checked the control
> panel but didn't find anything unusual under mouse. Can someone please
> help me.
> Thankyou
> Curleecues

Is your left mouse button working at all. Can you do stuff like move icons
around your desktop by grabbing them with a left click and dragging them
elsewhere and letting go? If you can that means the button is working, if
not then replace the mouse. If the button is working the double click speed
slider in control panel/mouse might have gotten moved over to fast.

curleecues

Re: Problem opening web pages with mouse
Hi
yes my left mouse works, I have gone into the control panel, tried the
mouse speed, folders options, everything I could think of to try. I did
take another mouse that I have for my laptop, it works fine on the laptop,
but does the same thing on my desktop so it has to be a setting or
something. I am going to check with H|P also but have to go on my laptop
for that, as I can't use the left mouse to tick off questions they are
asking. Any more ideas?

"Rich." <rcres@XXcomcast.net> wrote in message

> "curleecues" <muscally@telus.net> wrote in message
>> Hi
>> I am using vista home premium 64bit. All updated, and wireless HP mouse
>> battery is brand new and shows 100% remaining. When I am on a webpage
>> and want to open something, I used to be able to double click on the left
>> side of the mouse and it would open, all of a sudden this am, it
>> doesn't work I have to click on the right side, then click on open.... to
>> open anything, I am not sure where else to look, I checked the control
>> panel but didn't find anything unusual under mouse. Can someone please
>> help me.
>> Thankyou
>> Curleecues

> Is your left mouse button working at all. Can you do stuff like move icons
> around your desktop by grabbing them with a left click and dragging them
> elsewhere and letting go? If you can that means the button is working, if
> not then replace the mouse. If the button is working the double click
> speed slider in control panel/mouse might have gotten moved over to fast.

Curious

Re: Problem opening web pages with mouse
When you go into Control Pane/ Mouse and check the settings what function
does it say the left mouse button is set for?

"curleecues " <curlee@discussions.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> yes my left mouse works, I have gone into the control panel, tried the
> mouse speed, folders options, everything I could think of to try. I did
> take another mouse that I have for my laptop, it works fine on the
> laptop, but does the same thing on my desktop so it has to be a setting or
> something. I am going to check with H|P also but have to go on my
> laptop for that, as I can't use the left mouse to tick off questions they
> are asking. Any more ideas?
>
> "Rich." <rcres@XXcomcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "curleecues" <muscally@telus.net> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>> I am using vista home premium 64bit. All updated, and wireless HP
>>> mouse battery is brand new and shows 100% remaining. When I am on a
>>> webpage and want to open something, I used to be able to double click on
>>> the left side of the mouse and it would open, all of a sudden this am,
>>> it doesn't work I have to click on the right side, then click on
>>> open.... to open anything, I am not sure where else to look, I checked
>>> the control panel but didn't find anything unusual under mouse. Can
>>> someone please help me.
>>> Thankyou
>>> Curleecues

>> Is your left mouse button working at all. Can you do stuff like move
>> icons around your desktop by grabbing them with a left click and dragging
>> them elsewhere and letting go? If you can that means the button is
>> working, if not then replace the mouse. If the button is working the
>> double click speed slider in control panel/mouse might have gotten moved
>> over to fast.

curleecues

Re: Problem opening web pages with mouse
Thanks for all the help, HP support, was able to help they told me to go
to the section that says "let me do it myself" and follow the exact steps.
It works again so I am happy with that. hank you for all the help and
support though.
support.microsoft.com/KB/923737