Wanted: Windows Vista Driver for TSSTCorp L-632D DVD/RW

Lost In CyberSpace

Wanted: Windows Vista Driver for TSSTCorp L-632D DVD/RW
After Installing Windows Vista Home the DVD/RW, a TSSTCorp L-632D Serial ATA
DVD/RW no longer works. Vista has decided that it is a CD and won't let it
work giving an error message saying that the Driver is corrupted. Can anyone
out there help me?

I am running Vista on an unsupported HP Notebook, plenty lots of everything
needed and will be a marvellous machine once this error is corrected.

Any suggestions will be analysed and applied provided they do involve
ridiculous or damaging procedures.
Ashton Crusher

Re: Wanted: Windows Vista Driver for TSSTCorp L-632D DVD/RW
On Tue, 8 May 2007 21:51:02 -0700, Lost In CyberSpace
<LostInCyberSpace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>After Installing Windows Vista Home the DVD/RW, a TSSTCorp L-632D Serial ATA
>DVD/RW no longer works. Vista has decided that it is a CD and won't let it
>work giving an error message saying that the Driver is corrupted. Can anyone
>out there help me?
>
>I am running Vista on an unsupported HP Notebook, plenty lots of everything
>needed and will be a marvellous machine once this error is corrected.
>
>Any suggestions will be analysed and applied provided they do involve
>ridiculous or damaging procedures.

I think that's a Samsung brand so see if you can find drivers for it
on the samsung website.
emanon

Re: Wanted: Windows Vista Driver for TSSTCorp L-632D DVD/RW

"Lost In CyberSpace" <LostInCyberSpace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news26625F7-E5F5-47E3-AEDD-A7CB2A6D94A1@microsoft.com...
> After Installing Windows Vista Home the DVD/RW, a TSSTCorp L-632D Serial
> ATA
> DVD/RW no longer works. Vista has decided that it is a CD and won't let it
> work giving an error message saying that the Driver is corrupted. Can
> anyone
> out there help me?
>
> I am running Vista on an unsupported HP Notebook, plenty lots of
> everything
> needed and will be a marvellous machine once this error is corrected.
>
> Any suggestions will be analysed and applied provided they do involve
> ridiculous or damaging procedures.

Cha-Ching! Hear the cash register ring!

There isn't a driver available. You gotta buy a new harddrive. Why else do
you think the hardware industry is backing Vista?

Which is more profitable: Giving away a driver for free or forcing a
hardware sale? Take your time, I'm sure you'll see the logic here.

andy

Re: Wanted: Windows Vista Driver for TSSTCorp L-632D DVD/RW
This may apply:
<http://forums.windrivers.com/showthread.php?t=78940>

"andy" wrote:

> This may apply:
> <http://forums.windrivers.com/showthread.php?t=78940>
>
> On Tue, 8 May 2007 21:51:02 -0700, Lost In CyberSpace
> <LostInCyberSpace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Thanks everyone for all your suggestions, and "eamon", what you say can't be true, because by following a simple direction I fixed the problem. In one of the responses I read, there was a link to a registry edit, to remove upperfilters and lowerfilters (the advice from the thread included that if the upperfilters weren't present to try another method). I thought, while I am here, just save the key as instructed and try removing just the lowerfilters. I did that and restarted, and now I can play cd's and dvd's using the Windows Media Centre included in Vista. I have a burning suite and have yet to try burning a cd or dvd, although I don't see there should be a problem, the Device Manager shows the driver as being CD/DVDRW.

So thanks again!