nVidia Display Driver Stopped Responding

Michael C.

nVidia Display Driver Stopped Responding
Specs:

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate
Version 6.0.6000 Build 6000
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 FX-55 Processor, 2613 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 1 Logical
Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS A8N-SLI DELUXE ACPI BIOS
Revision 1013, 7/26/2005
Total Physical Memory 2,046.94 MB
Available Physical Memory 874.35 MB
Total Virtual Memory 4.21 GB
Available Virtual Memory 2.76 GB
Motherboard ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe
Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT
Adapter RAM 256.00 MB (268,435,456 bytes)
Installed Drivers nvd3dum,nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2umx.dll
Driver Version 7.15.11.5818

Problem:

Occasionally when I boot my system my dual monitors dim for a second and I
get the message in my system tray that says:

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered.

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Anbody else having this problem?

Any solutions?

Any Suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

Crito

Re: nVidia Display Driver Stopped Responding

Yeah, I have the same prob with the latest nvidia driver. I'm not using
dual monitors though, so I don't think that's part of the equation.

--
Crito
Richard Urban

Re: nVidia Display Driver Stopped Responding
Yes. Many are having this problem. The drivers I have had the least problems
with are the original drivers that were installed when I loaded the
operating system.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"Michael C." <MichaelC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Specs:
>
> OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate
> Version 6.0.6000 Build 6000
> Other OS Description Not Available
> OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
> System Type x64-based PC
> Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 FX-55 Processor, 2613 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 1
> Logical
> Processor(s)
> BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS A8N-SLI DELUXE ACPI BIOS
> Revision 1013, 7/26/2005
> Total Physical Memory 2,046.94 MB
> Available Physical Memory 874.35 MB
> Total Virtual Memory 4.21 GB
> Available Virtual Memory 2.76 GB
> Motherboard ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe
> Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT
> Adapter RAM 256.00 MB (268,435,456 bytes)
> Installed Drivers nvd3dum,nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2umx.dll
> Driver Version 7.15.11.5818
>
> Problem:
>
> Occasionally when I boot my system my dual monitors dim for a second and I
> get the message in my system tray that says:
>
> Display driver stopped responding and has recovered.
>
> Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.
> __________________________________________________ ________________
>
> Anbody else having this problem?
>
> Any solutions?
>
> Any Suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Michael C.

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> Yes. Many are having this problem. The drivers I have had the least problems
> with are the original drivers that were installed when I loaded the
> operating system.

Are you saying to use the Windows Vista drivers that come with the operating
system?

Thanks for the replies,

Mike
Richard Urban

Re: nVidia Display Driver Stopped Responding
I have tried every released driver and beta driver from Nvidia. I am now
back to the driver that was installed when I loaded Vista. It works the best
for me.

--

> "Richard Urban" wrote:
>
>> Yes. Many are having this problem. The drivers I have had the least
>> problems
>> with are the original drivers that were installed when I loaded the
>> operating system.

> Are you saying to use the Windows Vista drivers that come with the
> operating
> system?
>
> Thanks for the replies,
>
> Mike

nismo0315

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> I have tried every released driver and beta driver from Nvidia. I am now
> back to the driver that was installed when I loaded Vista. It works the best
> for me.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from George Ankner:
>
> "Michael C." <MichaelC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > "Richard Urban" wrote:
> >
> >> Yes. Many are having this problem. The drivers I have had the least
> >> problems
> >> with are the original drivers that were installed when I loaded the
> >> operating system.

> > Are you saying to use the Windows Vista drivers that come with the
> > operating
> > system?
> >
> > Thanks for the replies,
> >
> > Mike

nismo0315

Re: nVidia Display Driver Stopped Responding
Im having the same problem. I think every time the computer reboots it auto
installs the original display drivers, which conflicts with my Nvidia
drivers. As of now I can not figure out how to turn this function off. Its
driving me nuts, any thoughts would help!
nismo0315

Re: nVidia Display Driver Stopped Responding

"nismo0315" wrote:

Im having the same problems. I think it is because every time the computer
reboots it auto installs the original display drivers with conflicts with the
Nvidia drivers thus making it stop. As of now I still cant find a way to turn
off the auto install! Any thought would help, Thanks.
nismo0315

Re: nVidia Display Driver Stopped Responding

"nismo0315" wrote:
Fixed the problem today. I brought my Geforce 6200 back to Best Buy for
$159.00, then went to Sam's and bought a Geforce 7800 for $99.00. This card
plugged into the brown slot on my mother board( I don't remember what that is
called) updated the drivers and problem solved. Ive been playing games maxed
out and serious video files and, knock on wood, no more freezing!
Sarah

Re: nVidia Display Driver Stopped Responding
I'm wondering why thousands of us have spent hundreds of dollars on Vista and
Nvidia software and can't use them because of these problems. Why won't the
companies respond to us? I keep reading e-mail after e-mail from all of these
frustrated people. Shame on these companies!

Sarah