Uninstall a mouse driver?

Margaret Bartley

Uninstall a mouse driver?
My daughter's Acer laptop seems to have a touchpad that is erratic. When
she's typing, she always has to watch the monitor, because the cursor will
just jump anywhere without any warning. I'm assuming it's because there is
something wrong with the touchpad. I've used her computer a few times, and
I want to drop-kick it.

She's fine with using a USB mouse, but I'm sure how to disconnect the
touchpad. If we uninstall the pointer device, will that mess anything up?
Is it easy to undo, if we do? When I get ready to uninstall, it asks me to
confirm that I want to delete those files. How can I reinstall if it turns
out that we still have the problem? In that case, we'd want to reinstall
the touchpad, since it's defintely more convenient than using a mouse.

Many thanks

Timmah

Re: Uninstall a mouse driver?

There should be a button on the computer that will allow you to disable
it. If the computer is under a year old, you should be able to get it
repaired/troubleshot by calling ACER

--
Timmah

If I helped you, No need to thank me, just give me some + Rep
Curious

Re: Uninstall a mouse driver?
You should be able to reduce the sensitivity of the touchpad in Control
Panel.
Also are you aware that just tapping the touchpad it will act as left mouse
click?

"Margaret Bartley" <may04_NOTTHIS@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> My daughter's Acer laptop seems to have a touchpad that is erratic. When
> she's typing, she always has to watch the monitor, because the cursor will
> just jump anywhere without any warning. I'm assuming it's because there
> is something wrong with the touchpad. I've used her computer a few times,
> and I want to drop-kick it.
>
> She's fine with using a USB mouse, but I'm sure how to disconnect the
> touchpad. If we uninstall the pointer device, will that mess anything up?
> Is it easy to undo, if we do? When I get ready to uninstall, it asks me
> to confirm that I want to delete those files. How can I reinstall if it
> turns out that we still have the problem? In that case, we'd want to
> reinstall the touchpad, since it's defintely more convenient than using a
> mouse.
>
> Many thanks

philo

Re: Uninstall a mouse driver?
Margaret Bartley wrote:
> My daughter's Acer laptop seems to have a touchpad that is erratic. When
> she's typing, she always has to watch the monitor, because the cursor will
> just jump anywhere without any warning. I'm assuming it's because there is
> something wrong with the touchpad. I've used her computer a few times, and
> I want to drop-kick it.
>
> She's fine with using a USB mouse, but I'm sure how to disconnect the
> touchpad. If we uninstall the pointer device, will that mess anything up?
> Is it easy to undo, if we do? When I get ready to uninstall, it asks me to
> confirm that I want to delete those files. How can I reinstall if it turns
> out that we still have the problem? In that case, we'd want to reinstall
> the touchpad, since it's defintely more convenient than using a mouse.
>
> Many thanks

Yep

same problem with my finance's laptop that's used *only* on the desk

I simply disconnected the touchpad and plugged in an external mouse.

Just took a minute to fix it...but I advise putting a piece of tape
over the connection...it actually plugged itself back in due to the
inflexible ribbon.
smlunatick

Re: Uninstall a mouse driver?
On Jan 16, 5:07*pm, Timmah <gu...@unknown-email.com> wrote:
> There should be a button on the computer that will allow you to disable
> it. If the computer is under a year old, *you should be able to get it
> repaired/troubleshot by calling ACER
>
> --
> Timmah
>
> If I helped you, No need to thank me, just give me some + Rep

It should also be noted that you "can" / "should" be ab;e to
permanently disable this touchpad within the laptop's BIOS setting
screens.