Missing Drivers

Reaper

Missing Drivers
Hi, I recently upgraded to Windows Vista and everything was great! However a
few weeks go by and all of a sudden, my video card driver is gone. I am
using an older card, so no Aero for me, nVidia GeForce 4000. When I
installed Vista, the drivers were there, WDDM drivers were installed. nVidia
does not make the drivers for it and now I am stuck using the basic Standard
VGA Adapter driver. Please help, this is my mom's PC.
Michael Solomon

Re: Missing Drivers
Reaper wrote:
> Hi, I recently upgraded to Windows Vista and everything was great!
> However a few weeks go by and all of a sudden, my video card driver
> is gone. I am using an older card, so no Aero for me, nVidia GeForce
> 4000. When I installed Vista, the drivers were there, WDDM drivers
> were installed. nVidia does not make the drivers for it and now I am
> stuck using the basic Standard VGA Adapter driver. Please help, this
> is my mom's PC.

I suspect the drivers that were there were carried over in the upgrade from
XP to Vista. It's possible the system discovered a compatiblity or
stability issue and possibly removed those drivers. Even if you could find
the drivers and reinstall, I suspect this will continue to be an issue.
Your best bet would be to replace the video card. There are plenty of
inexpensive cards around. Just be sure you check the manufacturer's website
before you buy to be sure of availability of Vista compatible drivers.

I'd also point out, nVidia is still having a lot of trouble with their
drivers. You might want to consider an ATI card. With the exception of
some of their better cards, the 1900 series and all in wonder series cards,
they seem to have had pretty good luck with their drivers thus far.

--
Michael Solomon

swasrfa007

RE: Missing Drivers
check if your driver is really gone.
hmmmmmm
i checked the nVidia's website....
no driver for GeForce 4000 for windows vista! sad.....
but sometimes, windows xp's driver works totally fine too.
u can just try the old driver again.

(your video card is still working right? cuz looks like its pretty old)