HP DV9000 Laptop

KOLDHAM

HP DV9000 Laptop
Since we purchased the DV9000 laptop we have had a problem with the touchpad
drivers resetting. There is a setting for enhanced mouse movement. We keep
setting the option so the the touchpad is more user freindly. Several days
later (could be up to a week) the option will be turned off again. Can you
give me some options or directions as to what might be resetting this option.
This particular laptop is used by the owner of the company. His patience on
this is limited. Any help would be great!

Thanks,
KOLDHAM
JW

Re: HP DV9000 Laptop
After you change the settings do you do a nomal shutdown and reboot so that
you are sure that the new settings are saved since if the laptop shuts off
because the battery dies or the on off button is used to force a shutdown
the new settings will not be saved.

"KOLDHAM" <KOLDHAM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Since we purchased the DV9000 laptop we have had a problem with the
> touchpad
> drivers resetting. There is a setting for enhanced mouse movement. We keep
> setting the option so the the touchpad is more user freindly. Several days
> later (could be up to a week) the option will be turned off again. Can you
> give me some options or directions as to what might be resetting this
> option.
> This particular laptop is used by the owner of the company. His patience
> on
> this is limited. Any help would be great!
>
> Thanks,
> KOLDHAM

Michael Solomon

Re: HP DV9000 Laptop
KOLDHAM wrote:
> Since we purchased the DV9000 laptop we have had a problem with the
> touchpad drivers resetting. There is a setting for enhanced mouse
> movement. We keep setting the option so the the touchpad is more user
> freindly. Several days later (could be up to a week) the option will
> be turned off again. Can you give me some options or directions as to
> what might be resetting this option. This particular laptop is used
> by the owner of the company. His patience on this is limited. Any
> help would be great!
>
> Thanks,
> KOLDHAM

Have you checked the HP website to make sure you have the latest drivers?

--
Michael Solomon

Alvin Paul L. Azurin (www.azurin.org)

RE: HP DV9000 Laptop
Try downloading the latest Synaptics Vista drivers from HP.
--
Visit my blog at http://www.azurin.org/blog