CPU/System Fan Control setting in bios

GT

CPU/System Fan Control setting in bios
The monitoring tools in bios shows info about CPU/system fan control. What do
all of the things under the CPU/system fan control mean exactly? Should the
setting be change?

CPU temperature 36c/96.5f
CPU fan speed: 2730 RPM
system fan speed 1170 RPM

CPU/system fan control: enabled
Fan high temp: 65C
CPU fan high voltage 12.0v
System fan high voltage 12.0v

Fan Low temp: 55c
CPU fan low voltage: 5.5v
system fan low voltage 5.5v
Dustin Harper

Re: CPU/System Fan Control setting in bios
Basically, your motherboard can control your fans. The top is the actual
readings from your CPU and system fans. Your CPU is running at 36 degrees
celsius. CPU fan and system fan speeds are below.

The CPU/System fan control means that when your CPU is at 55 degrees or
less, it will run at 5.5 volts, meaning a slower spinning fan and a much
quieter fan. At full speed (12 volts, and above 65 degrees), it will run a
bit louder.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

--
"GT" <GT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The monitoring tools in bios shows info about CPU/system fan control. What
> do
> all of the things under the CPU/system fan control mean exactly? Should
> the
> setting be change?
>
> CPU temperature 36c/96.5f
> CPU fan speed: 2730 RPM
> system fan speed 1170 RPM
>
> CPU/system fan control: enabled
> Fan high temp: 65C
> CPU fan high voltage 12.0v
> System fan high voltage 12.0v
>
> Fan Low temp: 55c
> CPU fan low voltage: 5.5v
> system fan low voltage 5.5v

Michael

Re: CPU/System Fan Control setting in bios
Those settings are fine, its just showing you the temperature of the
processor, some voltages, and RPM settings. If you want to learn more about
it, I suggest going to a place like www.cluboc.net (shameless plug ),
www.hardforum.com, or www.anandtech.com

"GT" <GT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The monitoring tools in bios shows info about CPU/system fan control. What
> do
> all of the things under the CPU/system fan control mean exactly? Should
> the
> setting be change?
>
> CPU temperature 36c/96.5f
> CPU fan speed: 2730 RPM
> system fan speed 1170 RPM
>
> CPU/system fan control: enabled
> Fan high temp: 65C
> CPU fan high voltage 12.0v
> System fan high voltage 12.0v
>
> Fan Low temp: 55c
> CPU fan low voltage: 5.5v
> system fan low voltage 5.5v

GT

Re: CPU/System Fan Control setting in bios
Should i change the default setting to make it better or is default setting
good enough. What do you think?

"Dustin Harper" wrote:

> Basically, your motherboard can control your fans. The top is the actual
> readings from your CPU and system fans. Your CPU is running at 36 degrees
> celsius. CPU fan and system fan speeds are below.
>
> The CPU/System fan control means that when your CPU is at 55 degrees or
> less, it will run at 5.5 volts, meaning a slower spinning fan and a much
> quieter fan. At full speed (12 volts, and above 65 degrees), it will run a
> bit louder.
>
> --
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.vistarip.com
>
> --
> "GT" <GT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The monitoring tools in bios shows info about CPU/system fan control. What
> > do
> > all of the things under the CPU/system fan control mean exactly? Should
> > the
> > setting be change?
> >
> > CPU temperature 36c/96.5f
> > CPU fan speed: 2730 RPM
> > system fan speed 1170 RPM
> >
> > CPU/system fan control: enabled
> > Fan high temp: 65C
> > CPU fan high voltage 12.0v
> > System fan high voltage 12.0v
> >
> > Fan Low temp: 55c
> > CPU fan low voltage: 5.5v
> > system fan low voltage 5.5v

Dustin Harper

Re: CPU/System Fan Control setting in bios
Standard settings are fine, especially with a regular temp of 36 degrees
right now. Unless you are doing any overclocking, which it doesn't sound
like it.

It won't get any better, performance wise.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

--
> Should i change the default setting to make it better or is default
> setting
> good enough. What do you think?
>
> Fan high temp: 65C
> CPU fan high voltage 12.0v
> System fan high voltage 12.0v
>
> Fan Low temp: 55c
> CPU fan low voltage: 5.5v
> system fan low voltage 5.5v
>

> "Dustin Harper" wrote:
>
>> Basically, your motherboard can control your fans. The top is the actual
>> readings from your CPU and system fans. Your CPU is running at 36 degrees
>> celsius. CPU fan and system fan speeds are below.
>>
>> The CPU/System fan control means that when your CPU is at 55 degrees or
>> less, it will run at 5.5 volts, meaning a slower spinning fan and a much
>> quieter fan. At full speed (12 volts, and above 65 degrees), it will run
>> bit louder.
>>
>> --
>> Dustin Harper
>> dharper@vistarip.com
>> http://www.vistarip.com
>>
>> --
>> "GT" <GT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > The monitoring tools in bios shows info about CPU/system fan control.
>> > What
>> > do
>> > all of the things under the CPU/system fan control mean exactly? Should
>> > the
>> > setting be change?
>> >
>> > CPU temperature 36c/96.5f
>> > CPU fan speed: 2730 RPM
>> > system fan speed 1170 RPM
>> >
>> > CPU/system fan control: enabled
>> > Fan high temp: 65C
>> > CPU fan high voltage 12.0v
>> > System fan high voltage 12.0v
>> >
>> > Fan Low temp: 55c
>> > CPU fan low voltage: 5.5v
>> > system fan low voltage 5.5v

mikeyhsd

Re: CPU/System Fan Control setting in bios
that is what the BIOS shows.
you can use another program to read that data and display it in VISTA ..
I use Speed fan,
shows CPU, FANS AND HARD DRIVES,
Temps and fan speeds,

mikeyhsd@comcast.net

"GT" <GT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94358757-B840-4819-985E-045AC013FA0A@microsoft.com...
The monitoring tools in bios shows info about CPU/system fan control. What do
all of the things under the CPU/system fan control mean exactly? Should the
setting be change?

CPU temperature 36c/96.5f
CPU fan speed: 2730 RPM
system fan speed 1170 RPM

CPU/system fan control: enabled
Fan high temp: 65C
CPU fan high voltage 12.0v
System fan high voltage 12.0v

Fan Low temp: 55c
CPU fan low voltage: 5.5v
system fan low voltage 5.5v
firemusic

Re: CPU/System Fan Control setting in bios

since i cleaned the pentium D cooler rpm is at 3670/80 contantly. i dont
see nothing wrong with the cleaning itself, maybe the thermal paste was
not appropriate or what?? maybe a bios change? thanks

well i plced a thinner layer of thermal paste and it seems good now.
how thin the layer should be? sorry if i'm not at the right place to
this subject...

--
firemusic
firemusic's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/82796.htm