SOLUTION IS FOUND. ALSO A NOTE TO A**HOLE DEATH & KEVIN

Stan Starinski

SOLUTION IS FOUND. ALSO A NOTE TO A**HOLE DEATH & KEVIN
Aside for 2 idiots here, nicknames Death ("hater") & Kevin (mental
patient/troll), here's a solution to control where right/left/dropdown menus
open in Windows.
I udnerstand not too many people would benefit, but those who are
"PARTICULATE" i.e. like to control their coimputers fully, here's a tip:

If menus open on wrong or random sides (relative to mouse pointer/keyboard
cursor):
Goto ControlPanel-->TabletPC settings (or Mobile-->TablePC).
Never mind the fact you're NOT using a TabletPC< it just happens than
Microsoft put this setting there.

Check setting under "Handedness" category, try toggling it (change from left
to right if it was left, or from right to left if it was right).
Close and try any other application where you were previously annoyed by
menus popping up in wrong places.
If OK, case is probably closed. But sometimes you may need to toggle that
setting BACK to original.

I am not sure why toggling back to original doesn't invoke "bad menus"
behavior again, but perhaps something "lears up" in WIndows internals so...
My problem is now solved.

I didn't need Death or Kevin's rants by the way, I just started backtracking
in history to when it started happening - after I played with Snipping Tool,
which in turn requires TabletPC Component in Vista to be activated, which I
did a week ago. It vandalized my menus, LOL!

Death

Re: SOLUTION IS FOUND. ALSO A NOTE TO A**HOLE DEATH & KEVIN
On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 11:09:09 -0500, Stan Starinski wrote:

> Aside for 2 idiots here, nicknames Death ("hater") & Kevin (mental
> patient/troll), here's a solution to control where right/left/dropdown
> menus open in Windows.
> I udnerstand not too many people would benefit, but those who are
> "PARTICULATE" i.e. like to control their coimputers fully, here's a
> tip:
>
> If menus open on wrong or random sides (relative to mouse
> pointer/keyboard cursor):
> Goto ControlPanel-->TabletPC settings (or Mobile-->TablePC). Never mind
> the fact you're NOT using a TabletPC< it just happens than Microsoft put
> this setting there.
>
> Check setting under "Handedness" category, try toggling it (change from
> left to right if it was left, or from right to left if it was right).
> Close and try any other application where you were previously annoyed by
> menus popping up in wrong places.
> If OK, case is probably closed. But sometimes you may need to toggle
> that setting BACK to original.
>
> I am not sure why toggling back to original doesn't invoke "bad menus"
> behavior again, but perhaps something "lears up" in WIndows internals
> so... My problem is now solved.
>
> I didn't need Death or Kevin's rants by the way, I just started
> backtracking in history to when it started happening - after I played
> with Snipping Tool, which in turn requires TabletPC Component in Vista
> to be activated, which I did a week ago. It vandalized my menus, LOL!

Told you you fudged something up.
Your welcome.

--
Vita brevis breviter in brevi finietur,
Mors venit velociter quae neminem veretur.