computer makes loud noise and lags.

nooger

computer makes loud noise and lags.

Sorry if this is the wrong section but, sometimes when im just on the
computer my computer will make a noise. I really dont know how to
describe the noise but its like when the fan in your room is turned to
like extra fast. Whenever the noise comes my computer just starts to
lag.

Anyone know whats causing this??
Thanks

--
nooger
LVTravel

Re: computer makes loud noise and lags.

"nooger" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Sorry if this is the wrong section but, sometimes when im just on the
> computer my computer will make a noise. I really dont know how to
> describe the noise but its like when the fan in your room is turned to
> like extra fast. Whenever the noise comes my computer just starts to
> lag.
>
> Anyone know whats causing this??
> Thanks
>

> --
> nooger

Time to clean out the computer. What is happening is the fans are speeding
up to cool the processor. The processor is going into a slower mode to keep
from making so much heat. The faster the processor runs or the more load it
has on it the hotter it gets. If the fans have collected junk on the blades
or there is a layer of dust on the cooling fins the processor will overheat.

Turn off the computer, open the case (if desktop) and after grounding
yourself to the metal case blow out the junk collected in it. Also
carefully wipe the fins on the processor cooling fan (if equipped.) If
laptop I recommend taking to a reputable repair shop to open it up and clean
it out. Big box stores and geek squad types of places are NOT reputable for
working on computers.

ashvin

Re: computer makes loud noise and lags.

is your fans dusty?? you perhaps need to clean the fan of your processor
as well.. or can be your harddisk backing.. better open the case and
analyse where the noise is coming from..

--
ashvin

Just chill
-pls post your feedback on my reputation, would be of great help to
fine tune and provide better support..-
CrucialHoax

Re: computer makes loud noise and lags.

It sounds to me that the noise your hearing is just the hard drive
searching and it might be taking awhile to find what its looking for
therefore the lag. Defrag the machine and see if it helps.

start search > cmd > right click the icon > choose run as admin >
accept the UAC prompt > type in the command prompt window: defrag
%systemdrive% -v -w > press enter

now let that run for awhile and then see if the problem persists...

--
CrucialHoax
Natéag

Re: computer makes loud noise and lags.
It seems that it is running too hot.
The fans then run at full speed and the
CPU slows down.

BUT that is if your computer supports
that feature.

"nooger" <guest@unknown-email.com> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : 163b9c4b3c965c0421178016903395f7@nntp-gateway.com...

> Sorry if this is the wrong section but, sometimes when im just on the
> computer my computer will make a noise. I really dont know how to
> describe the noise but its like when the fan in your room is turned to
> like extra fast. Whenever the noise comes my computer just starts to
> lag.
>
> Anyone know whats causing this??
> Thanks
>

> --
> nooger

Curious

Re: computer makes loud noise and lags.
Are you playing a game or using another very CPU and/or graphics card
application when this occurs?
If a Laptop, is the laptop sitting on a hard flat surface so that the fans
on the bottom can such air in and through the computer?
If a laptop and you suspect that the fans on the bottom have become clogged
I have found that I can such the dust out of the bottom fans with a vacuum
cleaner.

"nooger" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Sorry if this is the wrong section but, sometimes when im just on the
> computer my computer will make a noise. I really dont know how to
> describe the noise but its like when the fan in your room is turned to
> like extra fast. Whenever the noise comes my computer just starts to
> lag.
>
> Anyone know whats causing this??
> Thanks
>

> --
> nooger

Richard Urban

Re: computer makes loud noise and lags.
Don't know of anyone who would confuse a hard drive working hard with the
sound of a fan going really fast - as the O/P described.

LVTravel posted the correct answer!

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

"CrucialHoax" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> It sounds to me that the noise your hearing is just the hard drive
> searching and it might be taking awhile to find what its looking for
> therefore the lag. Defrag the machine and see if it helps.
>
> start search > cmd > right click the icon > choose run as admin >
> accept the UAC prompt > type in the command prompt window: defrag
> %systemdrive% -v -w > press enter
>
> now let that run for awhile and then see if the problem persists...
>

> --
> CrucialHoax

nooger

Re: computer makes loud noise and lags.

Alright thanks, I will try both your suggestions.

--
nooger
ashvin

Re: computer makes loud noise and lags.

Na pick up the best one.. haha I think crucial is right as well.. I am
looking at it at hardware point of view.. and he is at a software point
of view.. thats what we call team work..
Cheers

--
ashvin

Just chill
-pls post your feedback on my reputation, would be of great help to
fine tune and provide better support..-
nooger

Re: computer makes loud noise and lags.

I dont hear the noise anymore