Getting on with Vista without a keyboard

IanB

Getting on with Vista without a keyboard
I've recently "upgraded" my Compaq computer to Vista (HP) and have been
studiously upgrading all my drivers (inluding Firefox for IE7 - it keeps on
"stopping" despite reseting the damn thing) and had got around to MS
Intellitype for my Wireless Multilmedia keyboard - until I noticed that it
was installed as a standard Compaq offering which excluded the multi function
keys. So, I uninstalled it and restarted and the New Hardware Wizard told me
it had found a Compaq keyboard. So I uninstalled it and restarted and now I
can't get in to Windows because neither mouse nor keyboard (it's password
protected) are working.

HELP!

I tried Safe Mode up it still wants a password and wont let me in! Anyone
know how to get around this one and also get the MS keyboard rather than the
Compaq one to install?

PLEASE?

--
Regards,

Ian B
Carlos

RE: Getting on with Vista without a keyboard
IanB:
Get somebody lend you a "plugable" keyboard, wheter USB or PS/2 in order to
enter Windows.
Leave your Wireless Keyboard on.
Download latest MS Intellitype drivers and install them.
Vista should now detect your keyboard.
Power off, return the auxiliary keyboard to the person who lent it to you,
power on.
Best of luck.
Carlos

"IanB" wrote:

> I've recently "upgraded" my Compaq computer to Vista (HP) and have been
> studiously upgrading all my drivers (inluding Firefox for IE7 - it keeps on
> "stopping" despite reseting the damn thing) and had got around to MS
> Intellitype for my Wireless Multilmedia keyboard - until I noticed that it
> was installed as a standard Compaq offering which excluded the multi function
> keys. So, I uninstalled it and restarted and the New Hardware Wizard told me
> it had found a Compaq keyboard. So I uninstalled it and restarted and now I
> can't get in to Windows because neither mouse nor keyboard (it's password
> protected) are working.
>
> HELP!
>
> I tried Safe Mode up it still wants a password and wont let me in! Anyone
> know how to get around this one and also get the MS keyboard rather than the
> Compaq one to install?
>
> PLEASE?
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Ian B

IanB

RE: Getting on with Vista without a keyboard
Thanks, Carlos, but I've tried that with no change - it's like the mouse and
keyboard driver are missing in Vista!
--
Regards,

Ian B