HP 7180 wireless all in one printer

Jerry

HP 7180 wireless all in one printer
HI I have this connected and running over a wireless LAN (Linksys) after a
period of time say over night I can no longer print to the printer, the
printer says its connected and has an ip address. I have to reset the
connections on the printer and put them back in again and it works. Before
resetting if I try and find the router from my printer it can not find it,
yet the PC and Laptop on the LAN can no problems.

Does this sound like a problem, am using WPA (which the printer supports)
for my wireless encryption. Its very frustrating to keep resetting etc.
Anybody have some ideas?

Thanks

Jerry

Acidburns

Re: HP 7180 wireless all in one printer
Try assigning it a static IP.. could be that the IP lease runs out, and it
cant renew it.

SHaun

"Jerry" <jerry@nospam.com> wrote in message
> HI I have this connected and running over a wireless LAN (Linksys) after a
> period of time say over night I can no longer print to the printer, the
> printer says its connected and has an ip address. I have to reset the
> connections on the printer and put them back in again and it works. Before
> resetting if I try and find the router from my printer it can not find
> it, yet the PC and Laptop on the LAN can no problems.
>
> Does this sound like a problem, am using WPA (which the printer supports)
> for my wireless encryption. Its very frustrating to keep resetting etc.
> Anybody have some ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jerry

Jerry

Re: HP 7180 wireless all in one printer

Thanks I will try that, I should have also have said its on WPA2 not WPA
could that make a difference?

"Acidburns" <acidburns@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Try assigning it a static IP.. could be that the IP lease runs out, and it
> cant renew it.
>
> SHaun
>
> "Jerry" <jerry@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> HI I have this connected and running over a wireless LAN (Linksys) after
>> a period of time say over night I can no longer print to the printer, the
>> printer says its connected and has an ip address. I have to reset the
>> connections on the printer and put them back in again and it works.
>> Before resetting if I try and find the router from my printer it can not
>> find it, yet the PC and Laptop on the LAN can no problems.
>>
>> Does this sound like a problem, am using WPA (which the printer supports)
>> for my wireless encryption. Its very frustrating to keep resetting etc.
>> Anybody have some ideas?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Jerry

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: HP 7180 wireless all in one printer
WPA2..... TKIP and/or AES can also make a big difference.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows