DVD Burner Drive problem

Walter Goldschmidt

DVD Burner Drive problem
My external DVD burning drive was working fine the other day as a matter of
fact I had burned 3 DVD's but when I tried to burn the 4th one my computer
still detected the burning drive but my burning program (ImgBurn) didn't
detect the DVD media. Does this sound like maybe the laser went bad in the
drive.

--

Walt

Rick Rogers

Re: DVD Burner Drive problem
Hi,

Could just be a dust-clogged lens. I would try a cleaner disk before
spending any money on a replacement.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Walter Goldschmidt" <wgold@woh.rr.com> wrote in message
> My external DVD burning drive was working fine the other day as a matter
> of fact I had burned 3 DVD's but when I tried to burn the 4th one my
> computer still detected the burning drive but my burning program (ImgBurn)
> didn't detect the DVD media. Does this sound like maybe the laser went bad
> in the drive.
>
> --
>
> Walt

Walter Goldschmidt

Re: DVD Burner Drive problem
Good idea thanks.

--

Walt

> Hi,
>
> Could just be a dust-clogged lens. I would try a cleaner disk before
> spending any money on a replacement.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Walter Goldschmidt" <wgold@woh.rr.com> wrote in message
>> My external DVD burning drive was working fine the other day as a matter
>> of fact I had burned 3 DVD's but when I tried to burn the 4th one my
>> computer still detected the burning drive but my burning program
>> (ImgBurn) didn't detect the DVD media. Does this sound like maybe the
>> laser went bad in the drive.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Walt

Walter Goldschmidt

Re: DVD Burner Drive problem
Tried a cleaner disk but is said to insert disk when I right clicked E:
drive (burning drive) and clicked open. Now what?

--

Walt

> Hi,
>
> Could just be a dust-clogged lens. I would try a cleaner disk before
> spending any money on a replacement.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Walter Goldschmidt" <wgold@woh.rr.com> wrote in message
>> My external DVD burning drive was working fine the other day as a matter
>> of fact I had burned 3 DVD's but when I tried to burn the 4th one my
>> computer still detected the burning drive but my burning program
>> (ImgBurn) didn't detect the DVD media. Does this sound like maybe the
>> laser went bad in the drive.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Walt

Rick Rogers

Re: DVD Burner Drive problem
Hi Walt,

Then you are likely correct and have failed drive. I would disconnect it and
try it on another machine to rule out a software issue.