> i have accidently deleted the system to my volumn control. i do not have the
> icon any more and every time i try to click on the program it would say "
> There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to
> Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Add
> Hardware. This program will now close" I need help to install the mixer
> device because i can't listen to music or open Itunes because i do not have
> volumn controls or anything like that
Reinstall your sound card drivers. Get them from:
1. The device mftr.'s website; OR
2. The motherboard mftr.'s website if hardware is onboard; OR
3. The OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an OEM
computer (HP, Dell, Sony, etc.).
Read the installation instructions on the website where you get the drivers.
To find out what hardware is in your computer:
1. Read any documentation you got when you bought the computer.
2. If the computer is OEM, go to the OEM's website for your specific
model machine and look at the specs (you'll be there to get the drivers
3. Download, install and run a free system inventory program like Belarc
Advisor. I haven't tried Belarc under Vista so YMMV.
- Belarc Advisor
Elephant Boy Computers
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User