Mouse gone

MorganT71

Mouse gone
It started on 5/5/07 while I was playing a game & I heard a "Bing Bing" three
or four times & then the whole game froze So I shut down game with task
mananger & that is when I found the mouse would work on & off & the off so I
rebooted & sence then no mouse. as this was a ball mouse in the USB slot I
got another New Mouse on eather ps2 or USB & could not get it to work eather.
updated drivers & no good, still no mouse, tried removeing in device man. &
rebooting in eather normal or safe mode-NO Mouse- Any one have any Ideas?
mouse worked fine for two years.
Jeff

Re: Mouse gone
Maybe you just can't see it. What happens if you right click on something..
can you see a menu?

"MorganT71" <MorganT71@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news8C7888D-1D33-400F-BEE8-DBB0CBED4240@microsoft.com...
> It started on 5/5/07 while I was playing a game & I heard a "Bing Bing"
> three
> or four times & then the whole game froze So I shut down game with task
> mananger & that is when I found the mouse would work on & off & the off so
> rebooted & sence then no mouse. as this was a ball mouse in the USB slot I
> got another New Mouse on eather ps2 or USB & could not get it to work
> eather.
> updated drivers & no good, still no mouse, tried removeing in device man.
> &
> rebooting in eather normal or safe mode-NO Mouse- Any one have any Ideas?
> mouse worked fine for two years.

MorganT71

Re: Mouse gone
the pointer is there & the hour glass shows up from time to time but will not
move & when it happens to be over a button pushing the buttons will do
nothing-I use thw key board to tab around some & the device mananger shows it
working ok & updateing driver's did not help-I installes a new mouse
(wirless) & have not gotten that one to work eather

"Jeff" wrote:

> Maybe you just can't see it. What happens if you right click on something..
> can you see a menu?
>
> "MorganT71" <MorganT71@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news8C7888D-1D33-400F-BEE8-DBB0CBED4240@microsoft.com...
> > It started on 5/5/07 while I was playing a game & I heard a "Bing Bing"
> > three
> > or four times & then the whole game froze So I shut down game with task
> > mananger & that is when I found the mouse would work on & off & the off so
> > rebooted & sence then no mouse. as this was a ball mouse in the USB slot I
> > got another New Mouse on eather ps2 or USB & could not get it to work
> > eather.
> > updated drivers & no good, still no mouse, tried removeing in device man.
> > &
> > rebooting in eather normal or safe mode-NO Mouse- Any one have any Ideas?
> > mouse worked fine for two years.

Don

Re: Mouse gone
MorganT71 wrote:
> the pointer is there & the hour glass shows up from time to time but will not
> move & when it happens to be over a button pushing the buttons will do
> nothing-I use thw key board to tab around some & the device mananger shows it
> working ok & updateing driver's did not help-I installes a new mouse
> (wirless) & have not gotten that one to work eather

The problem started after a program crash, which suggests a corrupted
file system may be responsible. Try running chkdisk.

> "Jeff" wrote:
>
>> Maybe you just can't see it. What happens if you right click on something..
>> can you see a menu?
>>
>> "MorganT71" <MorganT71@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news8C7888D-1D33-400F-BEE8-DBB0CBED4240@microsoft.com...
>>> It started on 5/5/07 while I was playing a game & I heard a "Bing Bing"
>>> three
>>> or four times & then the whole game froze So I shut down game with task
>>> mananger & that is when I found the mouse would work on & off & the off so
>>> rebooted & sence then no mouse. as this was a ball mouse in the USB slot I
>>> got another New Mouse on eather ps2 or USB & could not get it to work
>>> eather.
>>> updated drivers & no good, still no mouse, tried removeing in device man.
>>> &
>>> rebooting in eather normal or safe mode-NO Mouse- Any one have any Ideas?
>>> mouse worked fine for two years.

MorganT71

Re: Mouse gone
I do not think so as the mouse was working & then stopped working so could
not shut down game except taskmananger & then mouse would not work in Vista.
Also as a side note while I was playing the game I heard a "bong bong" sound
that was the same as when you plug in an object to use & windows finds it you
get a "bong bong" sound. That happened three or four times then mouse stopped
working,

"Don" wrote:

> MorganT71 wrote:
> > the pointer is there & the hour glass shows up from time to time but will not
> > move & when it happens to be over a button pushing the buttons will do
> > nothing-I use thw key board to tab around some & the device mananger shows it
> > working ok & updateing driver's did not help-I installes a new mouse
> > (wirless) & have not gotten that one to work eather

> The problem started after a program crash, which suggests a corrupted
> file system may be responsible. Try running chkdisk.
>

> > "Jeff" wrote:
> >
> >> Maybe you just can't see it. What happens if you right click on something..
> >> can you see a menu?
> >>
> >> "MorganT71" <MorganT71@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news8C7888D-1D33-400F-BEE8-DBB0CBED4240@microsoft.com...

Jeff

Re: Mouse gone
Ohhh.. a bong-bong sound. Like one you would hear if you plugged in a camera
or something. I bet your mouse is fine. I bet it's your USB. What other USB
devices do you have? Maybe you have too many if it's a bus powered hub. You
might want to go into device manager and delete all the USB ports and hubs.
Reboot and let it reinstall the drivers for the USB.

newsDDE988A-746B-4714-B888-BCB4595FA64F@microsoft.com...