How long...?

Manic056

How long...?
When is the projected release date for a new version of windows vista that
can support Quad SLI technology that you get with such cards as 2 x 7950GX2
Mike Hall MVP

Re: How long...?
Manic

nVidia and ATI are responsible for video drivers..

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Manic056

Re: How long...?

"Mike Hall MVP" wrote:

> Manic
>
> nVidia and ATI are responsible for video drivers..
>

> "Manic056" <Manic056@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When is the projected release date for a new version of windows vista that
> > can support Quad SLI technology that you get with such cards as 2 x
> > 7950GX2

> --
>

> Mike Hall
> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Yes they are, and they have produced a driver that works with Quad SLI for
XP, but as I said VISTA is not compatiable yet with Quad SLI, therefore
Nvidia cannot make a Quad SLI driver for Vista, if Vista won't install on a
Quad SLI system.

Gargh.
CB

Re: How long...?

"Manic056" wrote:

> "Mike Hall MVP" wrote:
>
> > Manic
> >
> > nVidia and ATI are responsible for video drivers..
> >

> > "Manic056" <Manic056@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > When is the projected release date for a new version of windows vista that
> > > can support Quad SLI technology that you get with such cards as 2 x
> > > 7950GX2

> > --
> >

> > Mike Hall
> > MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> > http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

> Yes they are, and they have produced a driver that works with Quad SLI for
> XP, but as I said VISTA is not compatiable yet with Quad SLI, therefore
> Nvidia cannot make a Quad SLI driver for Vista, if Vista won't install on a
> Quad SLI system.
>
> Gargh.

You have answered your own question, ie: "and they have produced a
driver that works with Quad SLI for XP". If they also produce a driver that
works with Vista your problems will be solved. Vista, or any other operating
system for that matter, is not incompatible with anything. An OS is an OS and
it is the responsibility of third party hardware and software manufacturers
to make their products compatible with the OS. If these vendors decide to
support the Vista operating system they will make their products compatible.
If they choose not to support Vista it is their decision to do so.

C.B.
JW

Re: How long...?
Can you install Vista on a system with only one of the cards installed? If
yes what happens when you then try and install the second card?

"Manic056" <Manic056@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news33F25E6-2CA4-4B98-AD42-CF3FA5F67621@microsoft.com...

> "Mike Hall MVP" wrote:
>
>> Manic
>>
>> nVidia and ATI are responsible for video drivers..
>>

>> "Manic056" <Manic056@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When is the projected release date for a new version of windows vista
>> > that
>> > can support Quad SLI technology that you get with such cards as 2 x
>> > 7950GX2

>> --
>>

>> Mike Hall
>> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

> Yes they are, and they have produced a driver that works with Quad SLI for
> XP, but as I said VISTA is not compatiable yet with Quad SLI, therefore
> Nvidia cannot make a Quad SLI driver for Vista, if Vista won't install on
> Quad SLI system.
>
> Gargh.

Manic056

Re: How long...?
Hey JW, hmm haven't tried, but I can't now anyway, I sent my copy of Vista
back ages ago. Which is why I was wondering how long it will be until vista
will install correctly on a quad system. Because that way, I'll just wait for
that release and then buy it again.

"JW" wrote:

> Can you install Vista on a system with only one of the cards installed? If
> yes what happens when you then try and install the second card?
>
> "Manic056" <Manic056@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news33F25E6-2CA4-4B98-AD42-CF3FA5F67621@microsoft.com...
> >

> > "Mike Hall MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Manic
> >>
> >> nVidia and ATI are responsible for video drivers..
> >>

> >> "Manic056" <Manic056@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> >> Mike Hall
> >> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> >> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

> > Yes they are, and they have produced a driver that works with Quad SLI for
> > XP, but as I said VISTA is not compatiable yet with Quad SLI, therefore
> > Nvidia cannot make a Quad SLI driver for Vista, if Vista won't install on
> > Quad SLI system.
> >
> > Gargh.

Vista takes a long time from start to long in on SBS2003 network...... mlai microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 9 12-04-2007 09:10
At long last, IPv6 Steve Security News 0 04-18-2007 10:07
How long does the installation last? =?Utf-8?B?UGVoIEhhbyBMdW4=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 2 03-04-2007 15:56
Long pauses =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbms=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 03-01-2007 13:31
Why so long to delete messege? Timothy Wright microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 0 02-09-2007 14:53