> I always get a bluescreen SESSION_HAS_VALID_POOL_ON_EXIT error when I try to logout on my Windows Vista Ultimate.
> What's wrong with it?
A quick Google for your error brings up a lot of links that indicate
that probably your video driver is buggy. I'm inferring this because I
gather you are not running Win2k3 Server or using Terminal Services
which is where the error normally occurs. Also there have been a lot of
problems with video drivers for Vista. Here's the MS KB article as a
Since you didn't provide any information about your computer, its
hardware, and how you installed Vista, I can only suggest that you
update your video driver OR if you just updated it, roll it back. Get
1. The device mftr.'s website; OR
2. The motherboard mftr.'s website if hardware is onboard; OR
3. The OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an OEM
computer (HP, Dell, Sony, etc.).
Read the installation instructions on the website where you get the drivers.
To find out what hardware is in your computer:
1. Read any documentation you got when you bought the computer.
2. If the computer is OEM, go to the OEM's website for your specific
model machine and look at the specs (you'll be there to get the drivers
3. Download, install and run a free system inventory program like Belarc
Advisor. I haven't used it on a Vista machine yet, so YMMV.
- Belarc Advisor
Elephant Boy Computers
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User