SESSION_HAS_VALID_POOL_ON_EXIT bluescreen error

Moses

SESSION_HAS_VALID_POOL_ON_EXIT bluescreen error
Hi,

I always get a bluescreen SESSION_HAS_VALID_POOL_ON_EXIT error when I try to logout on my Windows Vista Ultimate.
What's wrong with it?

Thanks.
Malke

Re: SESSION_HAS_VALID_POOL_ON_EXIT bluescreen error
Moses wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I always get a bluescreen SESSION_HAS_VALID_POOL_ON_EXIT error when I try to logout on my Windows Vista Ultimate.
> What's wrong with it?
>
> Thanks.

A quick Google for your error brings up a lot of links that indicate
that probably your video driver is buggy. I'm inferring this because I
gather you are not running Win2k3 Server or using Terminal Services
which is where the error normally occurs. Also there have been a lot of
problems with video drivers for Vista. Here's the MS KB article as a
reference:

Since you didn't provide any information about your computer, its
hardware, and how you installed Vista, I can only suggest that you
update your video driver OR if you just updated it, roll it back. Get
drivers from:

1. The device mftr.'s website; OR
2. The motherboard mftr.'s website if hardware is onboard; OR
3. The OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an OEM
computer (HP, Dell, Sony, etc.).

Read the installation instructions on the website where you get the drivers.

To find out what hardware is in your computer:

1. Read any documentation you got when you bought the computer.
2. If the computer is OEM, go to the OEM's website for your specific
model machine and look at the specs (you'll be there to get the drivers
anyway)
3. Download, install and run a free system inventory program like Belarc
Advisor. I haven't used it on a Vista machine yet, so YMMV.

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html - Belarc Advisor

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Moses

On May 5, 9:04 pm, Malke <notrea...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> Moseswrote:
> > Hi,

> > I always get a bluescreen SESSION_HAS_VALID_POOL_ON_EXIT error when I try to logout on my Windows Vista Ultimate.
> > What's wrong with it?

> > Thanks.

> A quick Google for your error brings up a lot of links that indicate
> that probably your video driver is buggy. I'm inferring this because I
> gather you are not running Win2k3 Server or using Terminal Services
> which is where the error normally occurs. Also there have been a lot of
> problems with video drivers for Vista. Here's the MS KB article as a
> reference:

> Since you didn't provide any information about your computer, its
> hardware, and how you installed Vista, I can only suggest that you
> update your video driver OR if you just updated it, roll it back. Get
> drivers from:

Thanks for your suggestion, I'm not running win2k3 server nor the
terminal services, of coz My computer is a laptop. So, as your
suggested, I'll take a look at the video driver. One mistery thing is
that the bluescreen error only happens when i try to logout my
account, ie. never happens in rebooting or shutdown. Any idea about
this?

Regards.

Moses wrote:

> Thanks for your suggestion, I'm not running win2k3 server nor the
> terminal services, of coz My computer is a laptop. So, as your
> suggested, I'll take a look at the video driver. One mistery thing is
> that the bluescreen error only happens when i try to logout my
> account, ie. never happens in rebooting or shutdown. Any idea about
> this?
>
> Regards.

That behavior is pretty common for misbehaving drivers, particular video
drivers. It goes along with the information about the error at the MS KB
article I gave you.

So if you haven't updated your video drivers, check in at the laptop
mftr.'s tech support site for your specific model machine.

Malke