Should I install this driver

Nikilet

Should I install this driver
BitDefender is showing me that I have an update that isn't installed. I went
to Windows Update and it is showing a driver update as follows:
nVidia - Display - NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE April 2009 update

If this update came out in April why is it just now coming through my
Windows Update?

Should I install this or is it going to leave me with a bunch of new
problems to deal with?

If someone can advise me on this I would appreciate it so much.
Richard Urban

Re: Should I install this driver
"Nikilet" <Nikilet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> BitDefender is showing me that I have an update that isn't installed. I
> went
> to Windows Update and it is showing a driver update as follows:
> nVidia - Display - NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE April 2009 update
>
> If this update came out in April why is it just now coming through my
> Windows Update?
>
> Should I install this or is it going to leave me with a bunch of new
> problems to deal with?
>
> If someone can advise me on this I would appreciate it so much.

The latest video drivers for your video system should be downloaded from the
manufacturers web site. The drivers on Windows Update are sometimes a
version or two dated. They can only offer that which the manufacturer
supplies to them. There is a time lag it seems.

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

smlunatick

On Oct 28, 5:00*am, Nikilet <Niki...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> BitDefender is showing me that I have an update that isn't installed. I went
> to Windows Update and it is showing a driver update as follows:
> nVidia - Display - NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE April 2009 update
>
> If this update came out in April why is it just now coming through my
> Windows Update?
>
> Should I install this or is it going to leave me with a bunch of new
> problems to deal with?
>
> If someone can advise me on this I would appreciate it so much.

Do not just update drivers because some other software tells you to.
This is a recipe for disaster because the driver upgrade would be a
generic driver update. Generic driver updates might work for most
hardware but some video card manufacturers can "modify" the hardware
for their "needs."

Also, if you really use nVidia "standard" drivers, always get the
latest from www.nvidia.com.
Nikilet

RE: Should I install this driver
There is a driver on Dell for my computer, listed as optional, nVidia Driver/applies to GeForce 7300 LE 128/This is an updated Vista WHQL logoed driver. Fixes some macrovision issues.But, this has a revision date of 2/2007, and I didn't purchase my computer until 7/2007 so I still don't know if I should install this.&nbsp;There are also two other items which are recommended. One is TEAC Driver and TEAC Firmware, applies to CA200 HH 13-1 Card Reader, both with revision dates of 1/2008. I am so dumb when it comes to this technical stuff, but I don't think I've ever even used a card reader. Can you tell me what I should do about these two items?

NumberOneMario&Yoshi&WarioBrosFan

Re: Should I install this driver
Well, it depends. If you have a Nvidia graphics card that matches the name
of it, or is close to the model number and in the same series. The same sort
of thing happened to me once, I had got a message about updates, and in the
list it said there was an upate for a different nvidia graphics which wasnt
mine but it still worked. Simply, if thats not your graphics card or in the
same seires and not close model number than just ignore it.

TimG

Re: Should I install this driver
I am having the same problem as Nikilet. I've been computing along for
months with no video problems, then suddenly a few days ago I wake up to a
"new hardware is being detected and installed" when I log in... *drumroll*
it's my NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE.

After digging around for awhile, I just decided to go to NVIDIA's website
and download the latest driver. I did, and I installed it. Everything
looked good... the next morning, I got the same thing! PC was restarted, and
"new hardware"... Vista reverted the driver from the most recent mfr's
driver, back to one handed out by Windows Update from april 2009. I even
tried disabling UAC, removing the old drivers in safe mode, reinstalling the
new mfr's WHQL drivers in safe mode..... everything installs, works, no
problem... but by the end of the day, Windows Update shows an "important
update" for the video card! I even UNCHECKED the update so it wouldn't
install.... same thing each morning: have rebooted and "installing new
hardware."

I'm baffled by this, and frustrated that Vista won't let me use the latest
and greatest driver software for my hardware.

Any other ideas ??? Thanks for any help or advice you can offer!