Microsofts Dream come true? Laptop= $10 and OS= $300 !

Spocks Buddy

Microsofts Dream come true? Laptop= $10 and OS= $300 !
http://www.informationweek.com/story...eed_ IWK_News

India Looks To Produce World's First $10 Laptop

The efforts thus far have yielded designs for a laptop that would cost about
$47; a $10 system remains the ultimate goal.

By Paul McDougall
InformationWeek
May 4, 2007 11:00 AM

One hundred dollars for a laptop? Highway robbery, according to policymakers
in India.
The country that last year said no to MIT luminary Nicholas Negroponte's
plan to introduce portable computers that would sell for a C-note is instead
aiming for laptops that would cost $10. That's roughly the price of a ham
sandwich in New York.

India's Ministry of Human Resource Development is spearheading the project,
with help from Semiconductor Complex, a state-sponsored designer and
manufacturer of integrated circuits. Officials from those organizations are
presently weighing system designs submitted by an engineering student from
India's Vellore Institute of Technology and a researcher from the Indian
Institute of Science in Bangalore.

The Times of India on Friday reported that the efforts thus far have yielded
designs for a laptop that would cost about $47, while a $10 system remains
the ultimate goal.

Last year, Negroponte's One Laptop Per Child Organization submitted a
proposal to the Indian government under which the group would have worked to
produce laptops for Indian students starting at $100. Indian officials at
the time criticized the proposal as insufficiently mature to be taken
seriously and rejected it.

Still, other countries in emerging regions have signed on to participate in
the OLPC program. Argentina, Brazil, Namibia, and Nigeria are among the
countries that are on board.

The OLPC organization has produced a reference design for a $100 laptop that
features an AMD Geode processor, a range of open-source software, and an
attached hand crank for power generation. The group has said it's also
considering other options for power generation, including a foot pedal.

Rich

Re: Microsofts Dream come true? Laptop= $10 and OS= $300 !
> India Looks To Produce World's First $10 Laptop

India should be working on a $10 lifestyle for its 900 million citizens.

Rich
Spocks Buddy

"Rich" <r.green@comcast.net> wrote in message
> India should be working on a $10 lifestyle for its 900 million citizens.

you only say that because you are "Rich".

Now that you said that.. I am happy to inform you that the "third world"
countries are on the rise,
while your country is headed head on for a economical crash of gigantic
porportions that has never been seen on the face of this planet before.

Lets see who then will be crying out for a 10 dollar lifestyle... IDIOT.

Sorry but I dislike snobs and you seem like a huge one...

>> India Looks To Produce World's First $10 Laptop

> India should be working on a $10 lifestyle for its 900 million citizens.
>
> Rich

Frank

Spocks Buddy wrote:

> "Rich" <r.green@comcast.net> wrote in message
>
>>India should be working on a $10 lifestyle for its 900 million citizens.

> you only say that because you are "Rich".
>
> Now that you said that.. I am happy to inform you that the "third world"
> countries are on the rise,
> while your country is headed head on for a economical crash of gigantic
> porportions that has never been seen on the face of this planet before.
>
> Lets see who then will be crying out for a 10 dollar lifestyle... IDIOT.
>
> Sorry but I dislike snobs and you seem like a huge one...
>

> "Rich" <r.green@comcast.net> wrote in message
>
>>>India Looks To Produce World's First $10 Laptop

>>India should be working on a $10 lifestyle for its 900 million citizens.
>>
>>Rich

Hey malakis...get a life!
Frank
Rich

Re: Microsofts Dream come true? Laptop= $10 and OS= $300 !
> Hey malakis...get a life!
> Frank

He's got a life, and its here ..
being all he can be, which isn't much ... but at least its something.

He's a pothole, and useful .. because without irritants .. what whould life
be?
boring

Rich

Spocks Buddy

Re: Microsofts Dream come true? Laptop= $10 and OS= $300 !
You make fun of things you cannot even comprehend.
This seems like a pattern in everything you say.

As for Frank...

He is trying hard to be make me dislike him and persuade me that he is a
useless fool, that burps and barfs and snorts all the time and curses using
words he doesn't even know...

But I know better than that. I can see beyond what is apparent on the
surface... He has many hidden qualities, and I like him! :-) (even though
I don't show it hehehe)

>> Hey malakis...get a life!
>> Frank

> He's got a life, and its here ..
> being all he can be, which isn't much ... but at least its something.
>
> He's a pothole, and useful .. because without irritants .. what whould
> life be?
> boring
>

> Rich

tomlives2000

Re: Microsofts Dream come true? Laptop= $10 and OS= $300 !
feel the love....

"Spocks Buddy" <1111@11.11> wrote in message
> You make fun of things you cannot even comprehend.
> This seems like a pattern in everything you say.
>
> As for Frank...
>
> He is trying hard to be make me dislike him and persuade me that he is a
> useless fool, that burps and barfs and snorts all the time and curses
> using words he doesn't even know...
>
> But I know better than that. I can see beyond what is apparent on the
> surface... He has many hidden qualities, and I like him! :-) (even
> though I don't show it hehehe)
>

> "Rich" <r.green@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> Hey malakis...get a life!
>>> Frank

>> He's got a life, and its here ..
>> being all he can be, which isn't much ... but at least its something.
>>
>> He's a pothole, and useful .. because without irritants .. what whould
>> life be?
>> boring
>>

>> Rich

Rich

Re: Microsofts Dream come true? Laptop= $10 and OS= $300 !

> You make fun of things you cannot even comprehend.
> This seems like a pattern in everything you say.

oh, the irony ... again

do you stop and think of the things you say or ...

" I create anything that is not already apparent in physical form and I want
to see.

And the first step is to believe anything you want to believe, even if
everyone else thinks its not worthy, or do not understand, for it is the
control of thought and belief combined with persistance that gives you
ultimate power."

.... is that what you do?

heh

Rich