vista burner not working

ace61375

vista burner not working

info about computer
model hewlett packard
model hp pavillion dv6700 notebook pc
processor amd turion 64 x2 mobile tchnology tl-60
ram 3.00 gb
32 bit os
service pack 2

many have had this problem i have had it for about a month and i need
my drive so please any ideas...
the burner is not read at all it does not show up in my omputer and in
the device manager nowhere...i already tried the upper lower filter crap
and restarted the computer and it worked but the following day i tried
to use it and it never worked again...i downloaded microsoft fixit but
it didnt do any good it just blocks off itunes from using my burner but
it still isnt read...in wmp11 it says connect a burner then restart...
the good thing is that the drive opens to put a cd but it really doesnt
do anything becuase it is not read

please if u can send any suggestions on what it can be

--
ace61375
ace61375's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/147042.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Chuck

Re: vista burner not working
"i already tried the upper lower filter c--p and restarted the computer and
it worked but the following day i tried to use it and it never worked
again".

What did you do during the time that it worked?
Have you rechecked to make sure that the "filters" were still gone?
Do you use Norton utilities?

"ace61375" <ace61375.40flza@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> info about computer
> model hewlett packard
> model hp pavillion dv6700 notebook pc
> processor amd turion 64 x2 mobile tchnology tl-60
> ram 3.00 gb
> 32 bit os
> service pack 2
>
> many have had this problem i have had it for about a month and i need
> my drive so please any ideas...
> the burner is not read at all it does not show up in my omputer and in
> the device manager nowhere...i already tried the upper lower filter crap
> and restarted the computer and it worked but the following day i tried
> to use it and it never worked again...i downloaded microsoft fixit but
> it didnt do any good it just blocks off itunes from using my burner but
> it still isnt read...in wmp11 it says connect a burner then restart...
> the good thing is that the drive opens to put a cd but it really doesnt
> do anything becuase it is not read
>
> please if u can send any suggestions on what it can be
>

> --
> ace61375
> ace61375's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/147042.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/vista-har...es/1261372.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Malke

Re: vista burner not working
ace61375 wrote:

> info about computer
> model hewlett packard
> model hp pavillion dv6700 notebook pc
> processor amd turion 64 x2 mobile tchnology tl-60
> ram 3.00 gb
> 32 bit os
> service pack 2
>
> many have had this problem i have had it for about a month and i need
> my drive so please any ideas...
> the burner is not read at all it does not show up in my omputer and in
> the device manager nowhere...i already tried the upper lower filter crap
> and restarted the computer and it worked but the following day i tried
> to use it and it never worked again...i downloaded microsoft fixit but
> it didnt do any good it just blocks off itunes from using my burner but
> it still isnt read...in wmp11 it says connect a burner then restart...
> the good thing is that the drive opens to put a cd but it really doesnt
> do anything becuase it is not read

Check in the BIOS - is the optical drive seen there? If not, it has died or
the connection on the motherboard is bad. If the drive is seen, boot the
computer with a Linux Live CD like Knoppix to see how the burner behaves
under Linux. If it can't boot Linux and/or otherwise doesn't behave, replace
the drive.

Another thing to try since this is a laptop is to remove the drive and then
replace it. Sometimes laptop optical drives become slightly displaced with
daily use of the machine.

If none of the above avails, you'll need to replace the drive.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!