Twain

kenp

Twain
Hi having trouble with Twain have been on to Epson to get vista driver for my
scanner, I installed it and it appears in the Wlndows file (also in the
import of photoshop) but when I try to use it comes up with Twain source not
found, I have been on to Epson support and they took me thro.various routes,
they say ther is no reason why it should not work, any body any ideas please
Thanks
Ken
nomore

Re: Twain
Uninstall the driver using Control Panel.
Manually search Windows for any files related to the scanner that were not
removed. Epson can provide that list as this is the advice they have given
me in the past under similar circumstances. If you know how I would also
comb the registry.
Reboot.
Reinstall following all instructions about not plugging in the scanner until
asked to by the installation driver.
Note that the Epson programs for using the scanner may not work under Vista
64 no matter what they say.
Try to use the scanner through a third party program: Irfan view is free and
works under 32 and 64 bit Vista.

kenp

Re: Twain
Thks For post. I deleted thro control panel. when I checked windows file
Epson scanner was there with date11/!0/2009, clicked on that to delete the
usual notes come up "are you sure etc." when I confirm another note says
"Epson scanner you need permission to delere this" and gives date 02/11/2006,
I am admin for this computer,, try the retry but same still the same
Any body got a solution please
TIA
Ken