IntelliType, IntelliPoint software won't install or uninstall

Scott

IntelliType, IntelliPoint software won't install or uninstall
I have a customer that upgraded from XP Home to Vista Home Premium. He did
not uninstall the intellitype 2.2 or Intellipoint 4.1 software first. Now
when I try to uninstall either using add remove programs I get the error
"This version of IntelliPoint (or IntelliType) software preceded the release
of the operating system you are running....." and the uninstall fails. I
have followed all the procedures in KB 927395 with no help. In addition if I
try to install the new version over top I get the error "Microsoft
IntelliPoint 6.1 Setup. Setup cannot continue because eitherthere is
insufficient free hard disk space or an unexpected error has occurred.
Please free the necessary disk space, and run Setup again. For system
requirements, refer to the product packaging." There is no shortage of disk
space on this machine.
dean-dean

Re: IntelliType, IntelliPoint software won't install or uninstall
You could try this:

Download and install the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility, found here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

In Device Manager, for the mouse and keyboard, "Upgrade" the devices to the
generic Microsoft drivers, if they aren't the current drivers already (i.e.,
gas the Intelli* stuff). Run Windows Install Clean Up (a shortcut should be
in the Start Menu). Highlight all references to IntelliPoint and
IntelliType (only!), and click on Remove. Then manually delete the folders
for IntelliPoint and IntelliType in Program Files (if I recall correctly,
IntelliPoint alone had two folders, one for Setup stuff, and the other the
actual program files, both directly under Program Files. I'm not sure about
IntelliType.)

Now try to install the new IntelliPoint and IntelliType that is compatible
with Vista.

"Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news82B4E29-A65F-4FEF-AD50-785E5D4EB06B@microsoft.com...
>I have a customer that upgraded from XP Home to Vista Home Premium. He did
> not uninstall the intellitype 2.2 or Intellipoint 4.1 software first. Now
> when I try to uninstall either using add remove programs I get the error
> "This version of IntelliPoint (or IntelliType) software preceded the
> release
> of the operating system you are running....." and the uninstall fails. I
> have followed all the procedures in KB 927395 with no help. In addition
> if I
> try to install the new version over top I get the error "Microsoft
> IntelliPoint 6.1 Setup. Setup cannot continue because eitherthere is
> insufficient free hard disk space or an unexpected error has occurred.
> Please free the necessary disk space, and run Setup again. For system
> requirements, refer to the product packaging." There is no shortage of
> disk
> space on this machine.

mxwebb is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Can't install IntelliType 6.0
I have a vista Laptop. I bought a new microsoft natural ergonomic keyboard 4000. Now keep in mind I already had the same keyboard just bought a new one. When I plug this one in it works but none of the function keys work?
Note I use to see under program files a directory called Keyboard which then you could select to modify the special keys(1,2,3...and email key and so on)
I don't see that any more.

When try to install the software/Drivers from Microsoft it tell me its already installed? I would have to agree because when you go to control panel and Keyborad and look at drivers you can see it there. But can't see in it uninstall applications/Programs in control panel to remover?
Michael Walraven

Re: IntelliType, IntelliPoint software won't install or uninstall
This may not help but here is what my Vista Home Premium SP1 has for setup.

c:\programs files
does not have a 'keyboard' directory.
does have a Microsoft IntelliPoint and an Microsoft IntelliType Pro
directory.

uninstall program list has
Microsoft IntelliPoint 6.1 and Microsoft IntelliType Pro 6.1 entries.

(Microsoft IntelliMouse PS/2, Microsoft Natural Multimedia keyboard)

I get to the keyboard settings via
Control Panel
Hardware and Sound
Keyboard
Key Settings Tab

Michael

"mxwebb" <mxwebb.3fh5c4@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> I have a vista Laptop. I bought a new microsoft natural ergonomic
> keyboard 4000. Now keep in mind I already had the same keyboard just
> bought a new one. When I plug this one in it works but none of the
> function keys work?
> Note I use to see under program files a directory called Keyboard which
> then you could select to modify the special keys(1,2,3...and email key
> and so on)
> I don't see that any more.
>
> When try to install the software/Drivers from Microsoft it tell me its
> already installed? I would have to agree because when you go to control
> panel and Keyborad and look at drivers you can see it there. But can't
> see in it uninstall applications/Programs in control panel to remover?
>

> --
> mxwebb

mxwebb is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Still no help
I checked I don't show all the stuff your showing?

Does anyone have a support number?

This is killing me. I use SQL a lot and Can't hit the f5 key run Queries.
That stinks!..