Direct X and Hardeware Acceleration???

Mindjakk

Direct X and Hardeware Acceleration???

I could not find this post elsewhere, but I can't get my directdraw to
enable or mess with my hardware acceleration.

Its just not active...any suggestions would be great.

Latest Drivers Wiped and reinstalled all around.

Regedit timeout is at 7

Nothing seems to change it, ANY suggestions would be great, thanks.

I downloaded and loaded the latest, and older, drivers from both Nvidia
and EVGA, my card manufacturer. Non of which has fixed the issue.
Everything reads fine, as to the correct versions, but it always remains
with the same problems.

Are there some sort of special privileges that I am missing, or
possibly an included program with my card that controls these functions
instead of windows?

I have installed everything I can find from the Card Manufacturer and
chip Manufacturer, I have updated my board bios to the latest and so on,
but nothing seems to make ANY difference.

[image:
http://forums.gamesforwindows.com/cf...tXoptions.jpg]
[image:
http://forums.gamesforwindows.com/cf...eleration.jpg]

--
Mindjakk
Tae Song

Re: Direct X and Hardeware Acceleration???

"Mindjakk" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I could not find this post elsewhere, but I can't get my directdraw to
> enable or mess with my hardware acceleration.
>
> Its just not active...any suggestions would be great.
>
> Latest Drivers Wiped and reinstalled all around.
>
> Regedit timeout is at 7
>
> Nothing seems to change it, ANY suggestions would be great, thanks.
>
> I downloaded and loaded the latest, and older, drivers from both Nvidia
> and EVGA, my card manufacturer. Non of which has fixed the issue.
> Everything reads fine, as to the correct versions, but it always remains
> with the same problems.
>
> Are there some sort of special privileges that I am missing, or
> possibly an included program with my card that controls these functions
> instead of windows?
>
> I have installed everything I can find from the Card Manufacturer and
> chip Manufacturer, I have updated my board bios to the latest and so on,
> but nothing seems to make ANY difference.
>
> [image:
> http://forums.gamesforwindows.com/cf...tXoptions.jpg]
> [image:
> http://forums.gamesforwindows.com/cf...eleration.jpg]
>

> --
> Mindjakk

Second picture is normal for Nvidia.

Try installing or reinstalling DirectX 9.0c to solve your problem.

Mindjakk

Re: Direct X and Hardeware Acceleration???

Any ideas???

--
Mindjakk
Tom Lake

> Any ideas???

About what?

Tom Lake

neo101

Mindjakk;1148439 Wrote:
> Any ideas???

Shot in the dark considering i'm still running 32bit pc with winxp pro!

But I fixed exactly this problem a couple of weeks ago after installing
latest ATI catalyst 9.9 drivers which also messed up textures/hardware
acceleration in directx.

All i did was reinstall the latest nforce board drivers again which
includes the Gart driver which I presume got fekked over!

Fixed my problem

--
neo101
Mindjakk

neo101;1150325 Wrote:
> > Mindjakk;1148439 Wrote:
> > Any ideas???> >

> Shot in the dark considering i'm still running 32bit pc with winxp
> pro!
>
> But I fixed exactly this problem a couple of weeks ago after
> installing latest ATI catalyst 9.9 drivers which also messed up
> textures/hardware acceleration in directx.
>
> All i did was reinstall the latest nforce board drivers again which
> includes the Gart driver which I presume got fekked over!
>
> Fixed my problem
>
> PS have you reset/fiddled with settings in your bios which might turn
> off acceleration?
> I don't know how it affects pci-e cards.

Thanks for the reply.

When you say you reinstalled the latest nforce board drivers, do you
mean the drivers that come with my MB or the flashing the bios?

As for fiddiling around in the bios, I have looked and I can't find
anything that seems to make a difference, both my MB and Video Card are
overclockable so I thought if I ramped it up or adjusted some settings,
or even if one of these had some sort of independent setting that over
ruled the DirectX settings, but I can't find anything yet.

Thanks.

--
Mindjakk
lemur

Re: Direct X and Hardeware Acceleration???

'RivaTuner' (http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=rivatuner)

--
lemur

::If *ANYONE* in this forum helps you, please click on
their *REP* icon. Thanks! (the middle scale icon in the upper right
corner)::
neo101

Mindjakk;1150352 Wrote:
> > > Any ideas???> > > >

> > Shot in the dark considering i'm still running 32bit pc with winxp
> > pro!
> >
> > But I fixed exactly this problem a couple of weeks ago after
> > installing latest ATI catalyst 9.9 drivers which also messed up
> > textures/hardware acceleration in directx.
> >
> > All i did was reinstall the latest nforce board drivers again which
> > includes the Gart driver which I presume got fekked over!
> >
> > Fixed my problem
> >
> > PS have you reset/fiddled with settings in your bios which might
> > turn off acceleration?
> > I don't know how it affects pci-e cards.> >

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> When you say you reinstalled the latest nforce board drivers, do you
> mean the drivers that come with my MB or the flashing the bios?
>
> As for fiddiling around in the bios, I have looked and I can't find
> anything that seems to make a difference, both my MB and Video Card
> are overclockable so I thought if I ramped it up or adjusted some
> settings, or even if one of these had some sort of independent setting
> that over ruled the DirectX settings, but I can't find anything yet.
>
> Thanks.

Yes your board drivers - not flash bios!
See if there are updated board drivers for your motherboard on
mainboard website!

With AGP(as opposed to PCI-E) graphic cards hardware acceleration will
disappear
1. if it is turned off in Bios(4x+8x) Also if Apperture is set less
than 128/64mb etc
2. Turned off in ATI Catalyst Control Center(Nvidia=Rivatuner)
3. Driver screwed up on installation.
4. One of the Mainboard drivers eg Northbridge/Gart gets corrupted.
5. Directx has been overwritten and mixed with different date versions!

Have you checked that the Nvidia graphic card driver is installed OK in
"Device Manager"(or whatever it's called in Vista) and there are no
question marks?
You maybe running on the basic driver vista installs and not the proper
Nvidia one.

Try reinstalling your drivers a different way around and make sure all
firewall/antivirus progs are turned off(disable connection to internet
first!)

--
neo101
Mindjakk

Re: Direct X and Hardeware Acceleration???

Tried everything I think, Nothing in the bios that I can find, I have
rivatuner but nothing about activating or enabling Directdraw, unless I
am overlooking it. Tried a fresh install on everything and updates to
all of it, still no good, thanks for any additional help.

--
Mindjakk
Mindjakk