Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 - Not Connecting

Aethersong

Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 - Not Connecting

Until today, this mouse was working nearly perfectly. There was one
incident when the mouse stopped working with my computer, and after a
restart, it was fine. However, today it stopped working, and I restarted
my computer only to find that my computer was now asking for a pairing
number when I tried to connect the mouse.

I have no clue what this mouse's pairing number is or why I would need
it when it was working just fine earlier without one. I checked the
bottom of the mouse to see if I could find a pairing number, but nothing
was to be found, and I do not have the box or the items that came with
the mouse.

How do I connect my mouse?

Note:
The mouse shows up when I search for bluetooth devices, but the problem
arises from the fact that my computer now asks for a pairing number to
connect the device, a number I do not have.

In addition, it was working just fine earlier today, so I do not
believe it is a software issue.

If anyone could shed any light on this situation, I would be grateful.
I'm at a loss of what to do.

--
Aethersong
Aethersong's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/137547.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

trouble

Re: Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 - Not Connecting
Have you checked the batteries in the mouse?
I have cursed Microsoft, Bluetooth and Vista until I realized the obvious,
although that may not apply to your particular circumstance.

Curious

Re: Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 - Not Connecting
It is also very important with MS mice to insure that the battery is fully
seated in the case or it will not close the micro switch underneath battery
to enable the mouse. I use a paper clip or piece of cardboard to be sure
that the battery is tight in the compartment.
Also insure that you have the latest version of MS Intellimouse for your OS
installed.

"trouble" <fac_187@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Have you checked the batteries in the mouse?
> I have cursed Microsoft, Bluetooth and Vista until I realized the obvious,
> although that may not apply to your particular circumstance.

Aethersong

Re: Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 - Not Connecting

I double checked the batteries and they were fine. After trying multiple
ways to try and get the mouse to work, I gave up. The mouse continued to
be troublesome, and then about a day later it started working again.
While I am happy it is now working, I still want to know why my computer
was acting the way it was with the mouse. It seems so strange that my
computer suddenly decides it doesn't want to work with the mouse and
just as suddenly decides it will now support the mouse again. Even
stranger still is the fact that I didn't download any new updates for my
computer or change the mouse in anyway.

Anyway, thanks for the responses. Hopefully I won't have any more
problems, but I will know where to turn to if I do.

--
Aethersong
Aethersong's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/137547.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-har...es/1249740.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

ac

Re: Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 - Not Connecting
I've got the same issue with the 5000. Every time this happens I need to
remove the bluetooth device and add it again and only then it works.
Frustrating to say the least - any suggestions?

ANew

Re: Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 - Not Connecting

I also can not connect bluetooth mouse. Please reply if you find
a solution.

--
ANew