Syncing with Wimdows Mobile device

Robvista

Syncing with Wimdows Mobile device
I can get my new VISTA pc to see my Windows Mobile phone, and even sync
digital media files using Sync Center, but I can't work out how to sync
contacts and calendars etc. This worked fine with ActiveSync on Windows.
Anyone know the answer?
Richard G. Harper

Re: Syncing with Wimdows Mobile device
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...icecenter.mspx

"Robvista" <Robvista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can get my new VISTA pc to see my Windows Mobile phone, and even sync
> digital media files using Sync Center, but I can't work out how to sync
> contacts and calendars etc. This worked fine with ActiveSync on Windows.
> Anyone know the answer?

Robvista

Re: Syncing with Wimdows Mobile device

Thanks, Richard. Sorted.

"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...icecenter.mspx

> "Robvista" <Robvista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I can get my new VISTA pc to see my Windows Mobile phone, and even sync
> > digital media files using Sync Center, but I can't work out how to sync
> > contacts and calendars etc. This worked fine with ActiveSync on Windows.
> > Anyone know the answer?

Richard G. Harper

Re: Syncing with Wimdows Mobile device
Glad to help out.

> Thanks, Richard. Sorted.
>
> "Richard G. Harper" wrote:
>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...icecenter.mspx

>> "Robvista" <Robvista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I can get my new VISTA pc to see my Windows Mobile phone, and even sync
>> > digital media files using Sync Center, but I can't work out how to sync
>> > contacts and calendars etc. This worked fine with ActiveSync on
>> > Windows.
>> > Anyone know the answer?

James E. Freedle II

Re: Syncing with Wimdows Mobile device
I was wondering with Windows Mobile Device Center insists on renaming my
device to some random generated name. More importantly, how do I make it stop?

"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

> Glad to help out.

> "Robvista" <Robvista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Thanks, Richard. Sorted.
> >
> > "Richard G. Harper" wrote:
> >
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...icecenter.mspx
> >>
> >> --
> >> Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
> >> * NEW! Catch my blog ... http://msmvps.com/blogs/rgharper/
> >> * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups
> >> * The Website - http://rgharper.mvps.org/
> >> * HELP us help YOU ... http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Gene

Re: Syncing with Wimdows Mobile device
I am also having the same problem. Device center renames my device and then I
get screwed up with the other computer that I sync with. Can anyone help?