Anyone experiencing wheel problems in MS Wireless Laser mouse/keyboard combos?

EdricBF

Anyone experiencing wheel problems in MS Wireless Laser mouse/keyboard combos?
Hi

My MS Wireless Laser Desktop 5000 shows some problems under Vista Ultimate
64- and 32-bit and Virtual PC 2007 that are typical of drivers not fine
tuned, despite the proclaimed support:

- In VPC 2007, the mouse wheel does not scroll documents, web pages, etc.
correctly: you have to turn the wheel several times for the scrolling "jump"
some few lines, regardless of driver's setting (scrolling lines/pages);

- In Vista apps the wheel shows a "not so smooth" scrolling, and withing
Google Maps it only zooms in, and not in and out moving the wheel forwards
or backwards...

Any beta drivers around????

Edric

plazticsoul

Re: Anyone experiencing wheel problems in MS Wireless Laser mouse/keyboard combos?
Sounds to me like a graphics card driver more than anything. Most mice do
not need driver software, but I have witnessed the "jumpy scrolling" symptom
a few times before and it's always related to a video driver (in my
experience anyway). Find out what kind of video card you have, do a search
for Vista compatible driver software, install, and restart the computer.

-=plazticsoul=-

"EdricBF" <ebfilho@msn.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> My MS Wireless Laser Desktop 5000 shows some problems under Vista Ultimate
> 64- and 32-bit and Virtual PC 2007 that are typical of drivers not fine
> tuned, despite the proclaimed support:
>
> - In VPC 2007, the mouse wheel does not scroll documents, web pages, etc.
> correctly: you have to turn the wheel several times for the scrolling
> "jump" some few lines, regardless of driver's setting (scrolling
> lines/pages);
>
> - In Vista apps the wheel shows a "not so smooth" scrolling, and withing
> Google Maps it only zooms in, and not in and out moving the wheel forwards
> or backwards...
>
> Any beta drivers around????
>
> Edric

EdricBF

Re: Anyone experiencing wheel problems in MS Wireless Laser mouse/keyboard combos?
Thank you, I guess you're right... I was wondering why such a nasty behavior
was not being complained about all around. Could be my 8800GTS beta nVidia
drivers indeed, not so many people with those...

Edric

"plazticsoul" <plazticsoul@REMOVETHIScox.net> escreveu na mensagem
> Sounds to me like a graphics card driver more than anything. Most mice do
> not need driver software, but I have witnessed the "jumpy scrolling"
> symptom a few times before and it's always related to a video driver (in
> my experience anyway). Find out what kind of video card you have, do a
> search for Vista compatible driver software, install, and restart the
> computer.
>
> -=plazticsoul=-
>
> "EdricBF" <ebfilho@msn.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> My MS Wireless Laser Desktop 5000 shows some problems under Vista
>> Ultimate 64- and 32-bit and Virtual PC 2007 that are typical of drivers
>> not fine tuned, despite the proclaimed support:
>>
>> - In VPC 2007, the mouse wheel does not scroll documents, web pages, etc.
>> correctly: you have to turn the wheel several times for the scrolling
>> "jump" some few lines, regardless of driver's setting (scrolling
>> lines/pages);
>>
>> - In Vista apps the wheel shows a "not so smooth" scrolling, and withing
>> Google Maps it only zooms in, and not in and out moving the wheel
>> forwards or backwards...
>>
>> Any beta drivers around????
>>
>> Edric

Littleman

Re: Anyone experiencing wheel problems in MS Wireless Laser mouse/keyboard combos?
I'm experiencing the exact same problem with the newer wireless
entertainment desktop 8000 in games and itunes and probably other programs
(turning the wheel several times). Have you found a way to fix this??
Sebastien

"EdricBF" <ebfilho@msn.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> My MS Wireless Laser Desktop 5000 shows some problems under Vista Ultimate
> 64- and 32-bit and Virtual PC 2007 that are typical of drivers not fine
> tuned, despite the proclaimed support:
>
> - In VPC 2007, the mouse wheel does not scroll documents, web pages, etc.
> correctly: you have to turn the wheel several times for the scrolling
> "jump" some few lines, regardless of driver's setting (scrolling
> lines/pages);
>
> - In Vista apps the wheel shows a "not so smooth" scrolling, and withing
> Google Maps it only zooms in, and not in and out moving the wheel forwards
> or backwards...
>
> Any beta drivers around????
>
> Edric

liebherr

Re: Anyone experiencing wheel problems in MS Wireless Laser mouse/keyboard combos?

I am witnessing the same problem with a Microsoft Wireless Laser 6000
mouse. Very erratic behavior in Vista, especially the scrolling. And no,
it's not a graphics card problem. I know a lot of people with the same
problems. Even the touchpad on laptops running Vista does the same
thing.

--
liebherr
midget35

Re: Anyone experiencing wheel problems in MS Wireless Laser mouse/keyboard combos?

Im using the optical mouse 2000 - I have the same issue:
scrolling through, say, a web site is erratic: there's poor control
over how much you can smoothly move through the document.

It's a bit scary - I'm using a microsoft mouse with a MS operating
system with their web browser... useless.

I'm a gfx designer so this is a serious disappointment. Looked every
where for a driver fix but nothing.

Please post here if you find anything guys - as will I.

I was going to buy a 'better' MS mouse, but it sounds like this is
something of a generic problem.

--
midget35
midget35's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=38635

http://forums.techarena.in

midget35

Re: Anyone experiencing wheel problems in MS Wireless Laser mouse/keyboard combos?

using the 'standard wireless micrososft mouse' I no longer experience
the scroll wheel issue - and it seems a good mouse. Bit heavier.

Hope this helps