Sony Vaio FE870

GK

Sony Vaio FE870
Hi,
I hope someone can help me.
The sensitivity on the touch pad is too sensitive. As I type the cursor will
jump around to another place. I think the heat from the hands is setting it
off.
Before I installed the Windows Vista ther was an adjustment where i was able
to turn off the tapping function. This took care of the problem. But now with
Windows Vista the tapping function is no longer available.
Any suggestions??
George
dean-dean

Re: Sony Vaio FE870
You probably need to install the touchpad driver that is compatible with
Vista from Sony. This will add the functionality to the Mouse Properties in
Control Panel that you need. I tried to find the driver myself, but
couldn't locate just VGN-FE870 (I found VGN-FE870E, VGN-FE870E/H, and
VGN-FE870QE in the U.S. and Canada; perhaps you're in a different country).

"GK" <GK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I hope someone can help me.
> The sensitivity on the touch pad is too sensitive. As I type the cursor
> will
> jump around to another place. I think the heat from the hands is setting
> it
> off.
> Before I installed the Windows Vista ther was an adjustment where i was
> able
> to turn off the tapping function. This took care of the problem. But now
> with
> Windows Vista the tapping function is no longer available.
> Any suggestions??
> George

GK

Re: Sony Vaio FE870
Hi,
Thanks for your response. I will try and locate if the touchpad driver
compatible to Windows Vista is available.
If anyone else has other ideas or suggestions I would appreciate your input.
Thanks, George

"dean-dean" wrote:

> You probably need to install the touchpad driver that is compatible with
> Vista from Sony. This will add the functionality to the Mouse Properties in
> Control Panel that you need. I tried to find the driver myself, but
> couldn't locate just VGN-FE870 (I found VGN-FE870E, VGN-FE870E/H, and
> VGN-FE870QE in the U.S. and Canada; perhaps you're in a different country).
>

> "GK" <GK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I hope someone can help me.
> > The sensitivity on the touch pad is too sensitive. As I type the cursor
> > will
> > jump around to another place. I think the heat from the hands is setting
> > it
> > off.
> > Before I installed the Windows Vista ther was an adjustment where i was
> > able
> > to turn off the tapping function. This took care of the problem. But now
> > with
> > Windows Vista the tapping function is no longer available.
> > Any suggestions??
> > George

Lawyer@bak.rr.com

RE: Sony Vaio FE870
I was having the same "tapping" problem. I downloaded the Vista Update for
the pointing device for my Sony VGN-N130G, and it solved the problem. The
updated driver had a selection to turn off the tapping feature.

"GK" wrote:

> Hi,
> I hope someone can help me.
> The sensitivity on the touch pad is too sensitive. As I type the cursor will
> jump around to another place. I think the heat from the hands is setting it
> off.
> Before I installed the Windows Vista ther was an adjustment where i was able
> to turn off the tapping function. This took care of the problem. But now with
> Windows Vista the tapping function is no longer available.
> Any suggestions??
> George

GK

RE: Sony Vaio FE870
Thanks for the information. The Sony help desk level two also reloaded the
Alps pointer program and it did solve the tapping problem.
I switched back to XP since I was having another problem of not being able
to connect to my network printers. I think I will wait a while before I go
back to Vista. Thanks for your response. I appreciate it very much.

George