ATK0110 ACPI Utility - Vista finds & downloads update but then tells me it's the wrong one!

Stan Kay

ATK0110 ACPI Utility - Vista finds & downloads update but then tells me it's the wrong one!
Whenever I run Windows Vista Update I am told there is an important update
for the ATK0110 ACPI Utility and recommends that it be installed. When I
accept the invitation the following occurs:-

1. The update downloads.
2. I am told that a Restore Point is being created.
3. The update then begins to install
4. I am then told that the update is not intended for my platform and I
should download the correct version!!!

I have done this several times but always get the same result. My
motherboard is an Asus P5B Deluxe and the company web site tells me that the
latest driver for my Vista Ultimate 32 bit operating system is version
1043.4.00 dated 19/10/2006 - and that is the one which appears in Device
Manager.

Since my system is working very quickly and faultlessly then can anyone
please tell me why Microsoft Update informs me that there is a recommended
update for my PC, and yet, when I try to install this recommended update I
am told that it is not intended for my platform?

Stan Kay

Re: ATK0110 ACPI Utility - Vista finds & downloads update but then tells me it's the wrong one!
I have done further work on this matter and discovered that if I uninstall
the ATK0110 ACPI Utility then run Windows Update the driver is installed
without a problem. It follows that the driver is intended for my platform.
Moreover, the driver is dated 2004 even though there is available a driver
1043.4.00 dated 19/10/2006. I have now installed the updated driver and
await the outcome of the next automatic update.

"Stan Kay" <stan.kay@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
newsEAD7E28-3158-4925-A563-4BACF7BBA5FF@microsoft.com...
> Whenever I run Windows Vista Update I am told there is an important update
> for the ATK0110 ACPI Utility and recommends that it be installed. When I
> accept the invitation the following occurs:-
>
> 1. The update downloads.
> 2. I am told that a Restore Point is being created.
> 3. The update then begins to install
> 4. I am then told that the update is not intended for my platform and I
> should download the correct version!!!
>
> I have done this several times but always get the same result. My
> motherboard is an Asus P5B Deluxe and the company web site tells me that
> the latest driver for my Vista Ultimate 32 bit operating system is version
> 1043.4.00 dated 19/10/2006 - and that is the one which appears in Device
> Manager.
>
> Since my system is working very quickly and faultlessly then can anyone
> please tell me why Microsoft Update informs me that there is a recommended
> update for my PC, and yet, when I try to install this recommended update I
> am told that it is not intended for my platform?

Ger F.

Re: ATK0110 ACPI Utility - Vista finds & downloads update but then
Hello Stan,
How I can UNINSTALL the driver?
Best regards, Ger
--
I thank you in advance for your reaction.
Ger

"Stan Kay" wrote:

> I have done further work on this matter and discovered that if I uninstall
> the ATK0110 ACPI Utility then run Windows Update the driver is installed
> without a problem. It follows that the driver is intended for my platform.
> Moreover, the driver is dated 2004 even though there is available a driver
> 1043.4.00 dated 19/10/2006. I have now installed the updated driver and
> await the outcome of the next automatic update.
>

> "Stan Kay" <stan.kay@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> newsEAD7E28-3158-4925-A563-4BACF7BBA5FF@microsoft.com...
> > Whenever I run Windows Vista Update I am told there is an important update
> > for the ATK0110 ACPI Utility and recommends that it be installed. When I
> > accept the invitation the following occurs:-
> >
> > 1. The update downloads.
> > 2. I am told that a Restore Point is being created.
> > 3. The update then begins to install
> > 4. I am then told that the update is not intended for my platform and I
> > should download the correct version!!!
> >
> > I have done this several times but always get the same result. My
> > motherboard is an Asus P5B Deluxe and the company web site tells me that
> > the latest driver for my Vista Ultimate 32 bit operating system is version
> > 1043.4.00 dated 19/10/2006 - and that is the one which appears in Device
> > Manager.
> >
> > Since my system is working very quickly and faultlessly then can anyone
> > please tell me why Microsoft Update informs me that there is a recommended
> > update for my PC, and yet, when I try to install this recommended update I
> > am told that it is not intended for my platform?

dan

Re: ATK0110 ACPI Utility - Vista finds & downloads update but then
You can uninstall the driver in save mode from Control Panel/Device Manager.