Vista what is wrong... Not Getting my "wow" Experince!!!!

Philz

Vista what is wrong... Not Getting my "wow" Experince!!!!

Let me get the specs out of the way first:
Q6600 Intel @ Stock 2.4ghz
4x 320GB Segate 7200.10's SATA in raid 5 (864gb)
4gb G.Skill Memory DDR2 800
XFX 6800gt PCI-E (yes i know, i just built it and am waiting for R600)
(tried 101.7's and 158.18)
EVGA 680i SLI "A1" revision Motherboard (Latest Drivers)
Vista Ultimate x64 (Sans "wow")

Now i have no idea what i did or if i missed a memo, but my vista "wow"
experince is sucking -badly-

Problem #1
Games just really don't run. I was using the 158.18 drivers then now
even switched to 101.7 (did the uninstall the hard/manual/long way). I
just can't play stuff, games stuter, even the opening videos. its like
goooing-stop-goooing-stop. BUT if i log in and go strait to a game, it
works. Sometimes with garbeling/tearing/artifacts being throw around,
can still kinda play, but definetly not enjoyable like this. Lost Cost
at x64 does work 80% times i try it, but HDR dosen't seem to work...
Games tried = Eve, Supreme Commander, Dawn of war, Counter Strike
Source. I need to play my games!

Problem #2
Probably related to #1 . wether using areo or not everything is
garbilish, not as bad as some screenshots i've seen people with but
sometimes a whole corner tears off to somewere or the UI gets a whole
band of artifacts. Sometimes it's simply the shadows play funny or the
leftover of a window gets left behind. This is not fun.

Normal Question #3
I have an old audigy LS i think creative has support for it, but it's
dying and i hate onboard sound. I can tell the diffrence as clear as
night and day, and i use NICE headphones instead of speakers so it's
even more obvious. Recomendations? Xi-Fi? With Xram?

Thanks in advance,
Philz

--
Philz
mikeyhsd

Re: Vista what is wrong... Not Getting my "wow" Experince!!!!
sounds like mostly driver problems and poor video choice.
you need to get that plug in video card and dump the on board video.

mikeyhsd@comcast.net

"Philz" <Philz.2pt9m8@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message news:Philz.2pt9m8@no-mx.forums.net...

[...]

Highly unlikely that it's drivers, the ONLY drivers i need to install
are the gfx card.

First off, "plugin in video card" ???? What the heck does that mean?
It's a full Fledged DX9 card, that is in the pci express slot where i
put it, yes i know it's from a previous build of mine and 3 years old,
but i'm just waiting for ATI's new ones so i went ahead and used it in
this new PC i made just for vista.

onboard video??????????????????????????????????????????? ah where?????
I've never owned any computer with onboard video. None of the components
have onboard video. I said that it has a 6800GT made by XFX that is an
nvidia card. Any ideas or is this just a guessing game with vista...?

Thanks,
Philz

--
Philz
Steve Thackery

Re: Vista what is wrong... Not Getting my "wow" Experince!!!!
This must be a problem with the graphics driver.

Steve

mikeyhsd

Re: Vista what is wrong... Not Getting my "wow" Experince!!!!
read your built it as built in.
still is most likely driver problem.

mikeyhsd@comcast.net

--
Philz
Kerry Brown

Re: Vista what is wrong... Not Getting my "wow" Experince!!!!
Vista has some excellent troubleshooting tools built in that may help you.
In the Control panel click on System and Maintenance. First check Problem
Reports and Solutions. If there's nothing there then Performance Information
and Tools then Advanced Tools has a wealth of tools for troubleshooting.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User